Looking for new car around 25k

Hey guys,

I’m looking for a DD, to be bought new with half down and half on loan. Looking for fun, decent carrying capacity (hatchback/wagon minimum) around 25k

Currently looking at

2011 WRX Premium 5 door
2011 MS3

I have a discount program that will get me 2500 off the WRX so it brings the premium down to the price of a base if I buy it new. The MS3 I’d buy base but I’m more of a fan of AWD/RWD. Most cars aren’t cutting my specs because I’m looking for a hot hatch/wagon. Right now I’m 80% going with the wrx but I’d like to see if anyone else sees options that I’m missing. I’d like to buy new for ease of a loan with a good rate and factory warranty.

Must be 200+whp, decently fun, 25k-27k max, hatchback/wagon, available midsummer 2011. Due to work I need to get into a bigger car than my Miata and I can afford it so I’d like to see what my options are.’

Thanks!

for brand-new in your price range you’ve got 2 great cars listed there. I’d go with the subaru over the mazda though.

There is the four door GTi, but I would rather have the WRX personally.

Neither one will really hold much, but judging by the Miata in your sig they probably seem cavernous.

How about a CPO’d Audi or BMW wagon?

My car does prett well on space surprisingly. With the backseats down, there is a lot of space. Travelling with 4 people can be an issue though.

Well, does he need to haul around 3 people and 6 great danes regularly or 2 people and some luggage in the back? If he needed more space he would certainly need to sacrifice on performance for a crossover. My little hatchback can actually eat up a lot of stuff with the seats down. I can fit a couple bicycles and even had my pit bike back there.

How about a subaru forester xt premium? Same price as the impreza but I am not sure how much bigger the interior actually is.

Hatchback is the exact space I’d like. 4 seats for when it’s more than me and a friend driving and I can put down the rear seats to fit stuff in the back. I occasionally have to toss in large servers for work or 2 passengers and 3 snowboards in the winter. Don’t need a ton of space, but more than a sedan would offer me

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Not interested in paying Audi/BMW repair prices should there be issues, plus tuning is fairly cheap and effective for wrx and ms3 when it comes to it. I know that the GTI is in the same price bracket/car class but the design just honestly doesn’t turn me on like the Mazda or Subaru do, no offense at all to the VW guys

Also may be obvious but 5 or 6 speed manual only

The subaru looks better than the MS3 and has AWD.

+1. exactly why I said I’d go subaru. If 09+ wrx’s were available in the used market, I definitely would have bought one.

go with the wrx

Scooby.

Are the new WRXs still cropping up with odd issues?

Broaden your horizon with used and get a Nice Magnum SRT-8 :slight_smile:

Really though the Subaru’s seem like a blast to drive, at least all who own, like them.

How much is an HHR SS, 5 speed, LSD haha

I was in the same boat wanted awd and went with the WRX. 8 months later no real issues. Imo the base model is a better value than the premium and that is what I went with. A few basic mods and tune really woke up the car. You may want to wait until the end of the year when the new 2012 model shows up. More info on this discount program?

If the car supposedly does 0-60 in 4.7 sec. stock, I can’t imagine what waking it up does.

2011 Sonata Turbo? 274hp on REG GAS(285hp on premium), great looks, room for friends and family, under the radar of cops and a 10year warranty! Or Genesis coupe? Hell you can even get into a 2011 5.0 for that!

Factory cat-back, short shifter, chassis mods yielded 4.5 seconds to 60, a simple stage 2 should offer even better.

Granted the transmission won’t last forever doing 0-60 at those times modified, but then it’s not like you would be ripping on a DD like that anyways.

Subaru VIP Program

buy a 2 yr old one that was well maintained and pay cash for it!

I love the MS3.

I don’t have the cash on hand, and I’d like to get it on a nice loan number (with a copayer I’m hoping to get Subaru’s special financing since I have no credit history, stupid me I know), WRX’s have such great resale that I wouldn’t pay that much more with discounts than I’d pay for a 2 year old car with 20k miles, and also I want the 2011 for the STi body bits.