The "OMG what should I buy?" thread..

Ok, so there’s big talk coming from my mom that I’ll be getting a car around the fall. I have about $4000 to work with, and whatever she throws in. (Probably won’t be much, knowing my mom.) So, I’ll be looking at “new” cars.

Here’s the thing though, I’m stubborn as fuck, and I want my car to be 5sp. and most likely AWD. And it has to be a sedan or a coupe. I can not drive a wagon (or outback…) And I don’t mind if parts are expensive. I’m used to it. I just want a nice car. Yeah.

Let’s just say for shits and giggles that I’ll be working with around $9,000.

What do YOU think? Name a car, and write a reason why you think this is a good decision.

(Try and not say honda, kthnx.)

aren’t you looking for a new car every month? i remember the DSM idea, then wasn’t there also a 3000GT?

I’m gonna start calling you Mike… :wink:

URS4. :wink:

used jetta 1.8 or vr

I was not looking for a 3000gt ever. I needed info on clutch work for my friend. Annnnd… I still want a DSM. But it’s out of the question as a “reliable” car to drive back and forth from school and shit.

Basically, I’m looking for a fun/sporty DD.

And please don’t start calling me Mike, please? I have a few ideas in my head. I can think on my own. I just wanted some guys opinions who are more experienced in the whole owning good cars thing. Hahahah.

ha well if you want a guys opinion on a car, i can give that…

on owning a “good” car…that’s another story…

how about cheap with good mpg since you cant afford gas :gotme:

You guys really stay on topic.

Seriously thinkin’ about that URS4…

And PS. How about I can’t afford gas because I drive like 1000 miles a week, and I feel like I’m putting $20 in my tank every couple days, and it’s killing me!? And I’m not going to cut down on driving. Because I like to drive. And I have places to go, and people to see, and things to do.

how new are you looking? obviously since parents are helping they’re gonna want something newer, possible warranty, reliable…etc…

give us a year range you’re lookin at…

Hahaha, new to me is like a 94. I really don’t give a shit how new as long as it’s nice. I don’t want to be driving around some piece of shit Grand Am or some bitch car like that. I want something nice.

Let’s say '99-'00 being the newest.
I don’t expect a warranty.

honda come on u know u want one there great im picking up my second one this weekend

Could u be more vague please? kthx

OK so manual tranny, AWD, sedan or coup. Being “used to” expensive parts doesn’t pay for them so I’m going to ignore that. Sounds like decent fuel efficiency and reliability would be a good idea.

Get an Impreza.

2.5RS

Word.

And why can’t you drive a wagon? You don’t want to be awesome? That’s too bad.:roll2:

$5k is pretty generous from your mom, I wouldn’t call it “not much”. I’ve been given a whole $0 towards the purchase of any vehicles in my lifetime.

That being said, the 2.5RS is a great choice. I’m not sure what was done to it, but Phil@Innovative’s 2.5RS before the swap was an absolute blast to drive. Not extremely fast, but quick and had very predictable handling. I would DD the shit out of one.

Make the decision yourself and close this thread.

/thread

shes probably gonna finance the rest i would assume

im with newman and bikerfry and brent_strong. impreza 2.5rs