Looking For Some Advice

I’m going to be looking for a car come may/june. I have an idea of what I’m looking for, fast, sport compact, or maybe something else if its in the price range. My price range is about 10 - 12g’s. I can’t get cars older then like 97’s. Everyone tells me thumbs down on dsm’s but I kinda like those. Couple people said a gsr or a 240sx which sound pretty good to me. What do you guys think? I’m hoping I can get a mid to low 15 sec car as a base line to start with and improve from there. Thanks for the help.

buy my mustang :smiley:

it would be on the low end of your budget and have a quicker baseline than mid 15’s :slight_smile:

why nothing older than 97?

i would assume probably because of a bank loan

Integra GS-R (you won’t be able to afford a Type R). Also look into Sentra SE-R’s (not sure where they are $ wise now). DSM’s are nice if you got money/skill to repair them. 240’s are always fun…

lol. rhd 240sx with rb26dett? 12K :roflflag:

honda/acura is cheap to get into and cheap to mod
dsm is the same way, but they arent nearly as reliable

mustangs are a dime a dozen and can be make quick for not a lot of cash

never did think the mustang would be in my price range. ill have to look in to that. lol newman. yes there will be a partial bank loan and my dad is pernoid about me gettin a newer car and since hes co-signing my loan he put that as must.

Screw the SE-R. For two years they put the SR20DE in the newer body style, and they’re much more fun than that new engine they have. Oh, and yes the 5 speeds came with LSDs.

:roll2:

they never made a b15 ser with an sr20de

97 F-body with a V8 will be a decent start for you. Cheap and fast.

Uhm, no, but it was the SE with performance package and by golly did that engine like to rev.

Thus why I said “screw the SE-R.” :slight_smile:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=3210&page_number=1

Rev? The SR20DE RRs redline is set 950 rpms short of what I like them to rev to…

They’re still very quick to redline. Very smooth. :shrug: unlike that beast they have in them now which is much more happy staying below 5000rpm.

true dat

Can you modify the ecu and raise the rev limiter?

That was a sentra SE not an SER

the sr20de in there revs to 6750
the qr25de revs to 6250

in N/A form i would take the QR over the SR any day of the week

there was no SER sentra between the 200sx ser and 2002 when the SER “badge” was brought back with the 2002 sentra and the qr25de engine

and i dispute your original claim about the sr20 being “much more fun”
because torque = fun :slight_smile:

the 2 engines are difficult to compare because the sr and qr are completley different engines and share very few similarities in performance, power delivery, construction and design

I don’t know, I just like how the SE was less promoted. :slight_smile:

yea its a little bit of a sleepeR

Yes, but the '99-'01 versions were a roller rocker design, I do not know the specific limitations of the valvetrain, if any.

in N/A form I’d take a B13 over a B15 any day of the week

power to weight = more fun :slight_smile:

The SR is more fun to row through the gears (if you really want a free revver go honda), but torque does get you out of the corners. Mechanical diff is a +, 6 speed is a -. This debate has gone on more than once so yawn…

Back ON TOPIC. If you want a newer car with performance the Spec-V is a good choice and should be in your price range.