Fastest cheapest car?

Hey guys, tell me what you think the “cheapest, fastest, newest” car you can think of. Budget is under 20k.
My parents are my lenient with lending me cash now that i’ve decided what profession i want to go into. Only problem is the rents want me to get something new or “newer”. So i was wondering what your guys thoughts would be?

I know srt-4’s are damn fast but there damn fast neons, and it’s a neon…
a spec-v
and that’s all i can really think of, any info would be greatly appreciated, any recommendations on cars/suv’s(parents want me to get one) would be awesome, thanks in advance! :partyman:

s chassis,may not be new but its cheap and fast and reliable if maintained…

pick a brand!
there are soooo many.

look around and you might be able to find a 96ish toyota supra
i have seen like 3 or 4 mazda rx7 fd’s for sale on 780tuners.
you just have to look around and see what you like.

$20, 000 can get you a sexy ass fast car.

20 grand could buy you a retardedly modded RX7, or 240 plus another handful of inports. But those probaly arnt what you’d consiter newer…someone will probaly rape me for saying this but I’ve seen a supercharged miatia that was pretty quick, and not bad on gas either.

GET A V DUB.

Get a boosted spec V…by the looks of things those things can make some good power when boosted 8)

i have personaly been in a srt-4 and if i did’nt get laid off from work i would have gotten one this yr, they are stupid fast, and sexy a hell, i owend a neon, other then a little bit sharing in looks, the drive is totally diff, it’s like saying a charger and charger srt-8 is the same, it’s not. well thats just my 2 cents

unless you enjoy spending a LOT of money on repairs, do not buy a rotary RX7. i had a turboFC for a year and it was a great car, but un-reliable and would break often

buy that ka-t s14 thats for sale here, done and done.

srt4’s arent THAT fast…and i dont think a ka-t is too reliable…depending on how oyu drive of course

fast / cheap = dsm!

remember the general rule… you can have 2 of the following, the 3rd you can’t…

pick:

cheap / fast / reliable

fast + reliable = not cheap
cheat + fast = not reliable
reliable + cheap = not fast

:slight_smile:

x2

Ya but most of you are forgetting the newer part of the equation. I don’t think his mom and dad would consider a 15 year old JDM as newer.
For non-modified newer cars the SRT-4 would be a good choice. Very fast out of the box, and can be made faster with factory bolt on’s. And unlike Black Skylines, you don’t see that many around.:wink:
If you don’t need to be the fastest, try a 1.8T Golf, 3.5 Altima, Cobalt SS, Acura RSX, or my personal choice a 2002 Mustang GT http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=28287529&pgno=6&srt=1

My 7cents.

altima’s are out of my price range, they are very nice though, saw a legacy, but there like 15k out of my range :oops:

Rsx type S are nice too, so are cobalt ss,

If you guys could choose what would u pick? Rsx, cobalt, or srt-4?(all low end faster cars).

Thx’s for all the replies! Also any suv’s in mind? Suzuki Vitara’s and ford escapes are ok.

You can find some decent pre-owned Legacy GTs out there, sooo nice. The RSX Type S, I think is a little under rated car, it’s actually a pretty fun car to drive. Cobalt SS…well…it kept up to my stock 180…

Personally, I’d choose an RSX Type S because it’s fun, I enjoyed driving it, it’s decently quick for what it is, handles fairly well and actually pretty comfy.

As for SUVs, what about an X-trail? :smiley: Good value for what you get…(insert sales pitch here)

BRAND NEW TURBOUNIT, GERMAN ENGGEENERING , CAN’T GO WRONG GUY. :E

don’t gti’s go for like 25k+!?!

I’m going to southtown tomorrow, have a look around.

i know some of you guys are going to hate me, but what about a mustang GT?

i searched autotrader for cars in AB 10-20K and the first one to pop up was a 2000 Mustang GT for $12500.

but they’re slow, right? the 4.6L can be worked with a supercharger, or turbo kit, or you can pull it out and put in a built small block for under $5K.

it’s RWD, it’ll have 300-450HP depending on how you mod it, and a newer car. what more can you ask?

the SRT-4 idea is ok, although i’m not sure you can get an SRT-4 to run low 12’s under 20K.

ya those ka-t setups can be pretty sketchy…

ya those ka-t setups can be pretty sketchy…[/quote]

quiet sketchy on the tires