Looking for some Classic Car Owners

the aftermarket restoration availability for chevy is 5X what it is for other cars.

ok… well how about when you restore with all NOS parts like we do on every car we do?

all NOS parts? you would put 40 year old belts and hoses on a car? how many NOS parts are left for late 60’s cars? :bsflag:

Actually your right, I really wasn’t thinking when I typed that. I do have to apologize, its all NOS sheet metal… or repaired original panels when NOS is not available. You would be surprised whats out there and some of the prices these people pay for them. Also some of the extremes we go through to get some of the original parts back to new.

That’s why I prefer my old cars as race cars. I have 5 Mopars, Only 1 is for the street. It’s alot more fun not listening to the resto crowd.

I’ve also been told about how my '64 Dodge needs to be returned to it’s late 60’s appearance because “All old race cars bring big dollars at Barrett-Jackson”.

There happens to be an old time street racer right here on Pittspeed who probably fits what you described pretty close. I hear he’s in the process of restoring a Blue 70 GTX that used to be the fastest car on McKnight Rd back in the early 80’s. But that was a long time ago…