So my friend down here has be about 75% talked into doing up an old Muscle car...

If I decide to do it (which wouldnt be for a few months), what should I do. I dont really know all that much about them. He has a late 60’s Skylark with a 350 in it, and its pretty sweet and pulls hard for what he has done to it. :hs:

do it

my first choice would be a 67-69 camaro and second choice would be a 'cuda.

Also rans would be a roadrunner, gto, challenger, mustang, charger, 442, or chevelle.

Pinto

454 chevelle

cuda

save money to move back home to pittsburgh and for further things in your life

:whitey:

how much work do u want? something thats done that you can mod, or something that needs redone? ford, chevy, mopar?

i still have my 66 elcamino i might be able to sell cheap… and a 454 that will be coming out of my old motor home…package deal? :bigok:

69-70 monte or 70-71 camaro are the two at the top of my list.

I retract my previous statement.

awww, you guys are so sweet. You really miss me dont cha! :love:

If a project like this was undertaken, it would only be done if there was plenty of extra money laying around. Which there certainly isnt right now. I just found out that my grandmother on my moms side of the family is about to kick the bucket, and apparantly she has a shitload of money horded away and its gonna be equally distributed to the grandkids. Now, I havent seen this woman in at least 5 years, so I dont know if im gonna be getting any scrilla out of this or not, but I was talking to my one cousin that is much closer to her, and he said we all might be getting at least $20K, quite possibly a LOT more, depending on how everything is split up/how much her property sells for. Shes kinda reclusive, so none of the grandkids (or the daughters for that matter) really know what all she owns/what all she’s worth. Now, Im obviously not gonna blow it all on some stupid car, a house is more along the lines of what Im thinking, but who knows. Im just thinking out loud. :dunno:

yeah, but i’m a mortgage broker, and if you have solid rent history, a decent credit score, and steady work for 2 years than you can definitely by a home with as little as paying for the appraisal. you’d still have plenty for a car!!! so dream on brotha :smiley:

like I said, I dont want to get too far ahead of myself, but this shit could be considerably more than $20,000. :x:

And my credit score blows goats.

You got to do alot more than bolt-ons to make the old cars fast. I had a origanl SS nova 4 speed and it left alot to be dissred. on the street it felt good, but at the track. Reality sets in.

:whitey:

But if you can’t move back to PA…

70 Chevelle with an Old School Mountain Motor, 9:1, 700+ cubes, don’t have to wind it up to have fun, runs on pump gas.

Then, when your ready for more, throw on two big ball bearing turbos and injection. :hsdance: