WRITERS! WE NEED YOU!

OK so, were gonna start up this whole Pittspeed Newsletter thing again, because First its a great idea. Second why not add to the “billion other things we have to do list”. Third if you never heard or seen the newsletter check out the links below, “its like a monthly pittspeed magazine kinda deal”

This is what im looking for. People that can actually write, with good grammar spell etc etc. That can come up with some good topics to actually write about.(I was in the running but i think we all know the answer to that) For some examples, check out are issues from last year:
http://www.pittspeed.com/newsletters/2005Review/
http://www.pittspeed.com/newsletters/Jan_Feb/
^sailors soapbox hopefully get another installment of this also.

I would like to get this going and stick with it this season. Just need some people to write some stuff up! ALSO, suggestions for the newsletter would be greatly appreciated! This is made for you people, so lets hear it.

Maybe will have a section called “Ask Pewter” :bigthumb:

what do you want people to write about?

cool

I talk english good!

Seriously though, I will check the past issues and get back to you. This is fairly interesting.

Well for the next one i was thinking:

What happened last year (overview, pinks etc etc)
Upcoming events
What were going to be covering this year
BBQ - DYNO Day
^i think me an whitey got all that on lock

other then that I dunno. looking for suggestions.

despite my lack of proper English usage on pittspeed i’m rather good at writing…it’s something i do when i have nothing to do(all the time). But what topic would people want to write/read about

i guess you’re a good writer and not reader… starboy just answered the question about what to write about… I had already asked that.

Let me see if I can throw something together tonight. I’m an English minor, so this might give me some practical experience.

you should do features on members rides

I’d be interested in writing.

your a good douchebag!!!:bowrofl: :weak: :slap: i took a look at the first post by him and replied…didn’t bother reading further for fear that some of your “i’m a douche” might plague my eyesight

your = you’re

lolz. english 101 > computers 101.

back on topic: I re-read the issues you posted starboy, and I like the idea of a regular opinion / editorial page like sailors soapbox. Maybe in addition, whitey could throw something up from the front office, kind of like they do in magazines when they have the editor write a couple paragraphs on what is going to be in the issue.

I don’t know if there is a place to do a Q&A or something to? Maybe just hunt for a couple of the more interesting posts from the previous month, and use those for material? Don’t know if any of that makes sense, just trying to think what would be seen in a magazine.

to = too

Don’t end a sentence with a preposition

The comma is your friend, but don’t sleep with it.

:rofl: :blue:

guilty as charged. :bowrofl:

Do end a sentence with a period. :stick: :smiley:

I tend to be a grammar nazi. I am interested in writing.

Maybe I can address political issues that pertain to automotive enthusiasts.

i can edit (grammar, spelling, etc…).

This would look good on a resume for those that need the experience, “Lead writer for car enthusiast newsletter”

Like hybrids. The ongoing debate as to whether or not they are actually good for the environment?

Who is the audience of this newsletter? I think that is the most important question. If you are writing to mechanics, and people who aren’t at a doctorate level, then you probably want to stick with an 8th-grade reading level as opposed to a 12-grade reading level.