Looking for some parts for the quad, suggestions?

its about as good as your brain to remember to lock my t-tops.

LOlllll

side note, did you end up selling the T/A??

Don’t get a carbon can unless you want to repack every 12 hours, or so. The carbon becomes extremely brittle and will break easily if its not repacked at least every 12 hours.

CDI boxes, if manufactured by Procom (e.g. Procom, BigGun) are JUNK and will not last very long, plus only give you overrev and the psycologicl feeling that you’ve gained horsies.

If you want a slip on, get a stainless or aluminum can, HMF’s powdercoated cans are very nice, and for some machines they will cut them shorter too for a little higher torque band and less weight (but will increase the noise levels).

If you want a CDI, get a Dynatek programmable unit.

Get a VORTEX CDI box…expensive but you cant go wrong

annd a Yoshimura full exhaust (not just a silencer, thats useless) and get a K and N air filter/jet kit and remove your lid/

buy my rims/tires :number1 :thumbup

Yep, save your money if you need to and get a full system. the slip ons are not a big deal. Look on ebay, I picked up a FMF Titanium 4 full system with Ti powerbomb header for $350 for my yfz a year back. Giant change in power over my GYTR slip on I had originally on it.

Depending on how much san you ride:
MX/SX track with little sand: K&N with lid off.
MX/SX Track or trail with a little sand and little water: K&N with Outerwears over, lid off
Track or trail with lots of water or mud: K&N, Outerwears cover Lid ON.
Sandy or loose dirt blowing around: PowerFlow foam filter with prefilter tack applied Lid off.

The K&N doesnt catch fine sand. I allways kept mine very clean and oiled, and allways had a little dust in my carb boot. I also ran an alluminum airbox, so the sealing surface wasnt bad. The K&N is much easier to clean, but takes longer to dry and re-install and go ride. Foam filters are cheap, and you can allways have one or 2 extra, all ready to install and go. But it makes a royal mess in your air box.

foam filters are absolute junk. They rip and wear out within the first 5 times you use them. He just needs to get a K and N with a outerwear and hes all set. For years I have been running this setup and have never had a spec of dirt in my carb boot or a single problem…I wish I could say the same about my dads setup with the foam air filter. He switched over to K and N when countless times dirt would get in and the filter would rip,…not to mention more then a few top dog riders and shops have said to stay away from the foam filters,

Cool, thanks for all the info guys!

buy the thing that looks like a for sale sign and sell that pile and buy a bike you ball grabber

:rofl

I was waitin for you to come up in this bitch!!

Yeah, all these riders complain about K&N’s. I use an outerwear on the filter plus I have an EHS lid. Never have had any dirt in the intake.

Best quick and cheap mods:
remove lid/EHS lid
Pro-flo intake with K&N
Buy factory jets - Dynojet kits suck balls. Never get the tune good enough.
Full system - used, I picked up a full stainless TRS for $150 with a cracked headpipe and needed a repack.

Yeah i found a new airbox assy(aluminum sheetmetal) that accepts a standard k&n, and then has a flat k&n filter on the top of the box, kinda pricey though…

I had a vortex cdi, and hmf full system on my 450r when i had it. i still miss that thing. as for z400,s def do the cam mod and k&n and exhaust. you will need a rejet.

or leave it stock and stunt the balls off it.

thats what ive been doin lol

lol i didn’t fuck with mine at all except i went down a tooth in the front and it was perfect for stuntin then. great balance on them Z’s

OMG yeah, the balance point is easy to get used to, and the throttle is perfect for it too!

Sell it and buy a vette so your dick will gorw 8 inches

Wat lol

time to trade it in and get a big boy toy that has a 450 in it:)