Looking for some parts for the quad, suggestions?

Ive been looking around for a few thangs for the quad. Was looking to get the HMF Ballance CF Slip-on, and a K&N filter w/ lid filter as well. Problem is, i can only find the HMF system i want in the “full” kit, which includes header and is like $550! Anyone know where i can get just a slip on, or cant I?

Also, will i need to re-jet my junk?

Try www.rockymountainatv.com

Gave up on selling?

you will have to rejett it as they are lean as it is ,a friend of mine works at troy city he can get the hookup…ill jet it for ya once ya get ready as ya saw the yellow one i did at the pond runs good

Im thinking of rejetting mine too. It doesnt run as good as my brother’s for some reason and theyre the same quad and both have K&N’s and nothing else done but his pulls the wheels in second and mine doesnt.

i can help ya kid ,how fast ya wanna go???///

Nothing crazy, but maybe a little faster. Some trails I dont get out of second or third anyway.

Ok cool, let me know man. I kinda wish there was a quad dyno place around here, idk of any. Id like to get a baseline before and after…

Also consider, hes what 170lbs, and youre 230 or so(?), weight makes a big difference

And yeah, im not sellin it anymore. If anything may trade it in on a LTR450, or just mod this one

Theres a bike dyno in Mechanicville but I dont know if they can do a quad because the dyno might be too narrow.

Im 245 or so but I rode his and did a wheelie in 2nd when he put the filter in. I put mine in yesterday and couldnt do it.

Cool. Mod it up and youll be faster and wont take the depreciation hit on a trade in.

I swore I wasnt going to fuck with mine but that seems to have gone out the window. Ive gotta have one fun toy.

Yeah, we went riding today, real fun, untill pauly ate shit and broke his front shock!!

aww c’mon weight doesn’t have that much to do with it.:lol
i can pick up the wheels in 5th and i only got a 250:ninja

there’s no dyno’s around that i know of four wheelers.

but i bet u can bolt it to synapse’s dyno.
i was gonna have Brooks do mine when he worked there.

Hmm, i thought about that too lol. We’ll hafta see when the time comes i guess. I really dont know alot about what are/arent good parts for the quads, as i havent really been into the quad scene for too long. I really just wanna get teh most power out of each mod that i can…obviously lol

i would go with a yoshi full pipe. k&n air and new cdi box. those would be the best bang for the buck.

cam mod is really were it is at for the z 400. u make big gains with that.

if i were to do the cam i would at least do the pipe.

of course all those mods need a rejet.

I swear he breaks that thing every time he rides it.

We had fun out in Schodack until the cop kicked us out.

Whats the cdi box? And what cam would ya suggest?

lollll

numbers dont mean shit in the quad world. Its all rider my friend and how its set up.

Agreed. What good is it without a good rider?