2004 YFZ450 [470cc, suspension work] Possible Trades

Hey all, figured this is a good reason to sign back onto shift. The time has come to possibly let my baby go. The quad is an '04 YFZ450, pretty well worked. Fresh build with no more than 5 hours on this engine.

Here’s some pics, sorry but it was pouring rain out and since I’m never home on a nice day so it seems, you get pics of it in the barn for now slightly dirty:

Crappy video of it, COLD STARTUP. Even when cold and these mods, it fires right up after sitting for weeks. WIN!

This thing is ready for playing in fields (which is all it has done its whole life) or ready to grab some holeshots with the addition of nerfs and a tether. Some can vouch for this quad, only a few have ridden it with the current mods, many more when it was just bored over on the previous build. If you’re crying because its not a fuel injected quad, it sure as hell feels like it with the carb mods.

The mods list:

• 06 cases w. all new seals
  • 08 oil pump w. oil squirter mod (lubes piston wrist pin)
  • new shift fork
  • YZ450F clutch (consists of one extra fiber plate and stiffer springs)
  • PEP billet ez-pull clutch arm
  • HotRods WR450F crank (+1.4mm in stroke, or 10cc)
  • Wiseco WR450F piston, 97mm bore (+2mm or 20cc), 12.5:1 compression
  • Keihin FCR carb bored to 42mm (from 39mm), modified accelerator pump
  • TTM ported head, bronze valve guides, viton valve seals, new OEM springs/retainers
  • Ricky Stator h.o. stator and regulator
  • Hotcams stage 1 cams
  • FCI intake w. modified airbox, EHS Racing lid
  • Cometic MLS gaskets
  • Yoshimura TRS full system
  • Scotts reuseable stainless oil filter
  • Modquad billet water pump impeller
  • CV4 Red silicone radiator hoses
  • Fluidyne oversized aluminum radiator

• ITP Holeshots all around
  • +2" Epic Racing XC a-arms and Epic Racing tie rods (adjustable camber only, fixed caster)
  • +2" Speedlinez clear braided dual brake lines up front
  • GT Thunder XC rear linkage
  • TrailTech CR Medium bend bars and riser
  • ASV C5 brake and pro clutch lever (included ez-adjust perch)
  • stainless rear wave rotor
  • -1 Renthal counter sprocket
  • IMS pegs
  • H.I.D. headlights
  • stainless oversized grab bar
  • no-name red o-ring chain (has held up unbelievably well!)
  • Renthal dual compound grips

SOLD

Don’t need to sell, but I do want to get my 240 going before it rots away like most chassis in NY. Keep in mind the only stuff from '04 on this machine is the frame, plastics, shocks and swingarm which are all in decent shape. Shoot your offers people, maybe I’ll say yes. Depends how much I want my 240 going that day.

email: denali172[at]yahoo.com

NO!!! It gonna be sad to see it go. This quad is top notch. GLWS!

Thanks for the praises man! If it goes, the Frank will be happy to see what comes.

Will vouch for this quad. Thing is stupid fast and very hard to keep the front end down

omg i will seriously put my penis somewhere on this thing, great price too good luck with the sale, if i had a job i would buy this but i dont so that sucks =[

justin did you have one of these?

George: GLWS :thumbup

I heard many stories about this quad, hate to see you get rid of it.

Put it right on the seat, and ride off with it. :thumbup

I’m gonna hate to see it go too, if it does. I’m very firm on the price since I don’t really have to get rid of it.

Also, I should mention for some extra kesh, I have Stage 3 Hotcams, 2 shim kits, extra jets, Dyna programmable ignition (Didn’t work when I had it installed, dunno if the modified charging system is incompatible? Never sent it to Dynatek for inspection.), extra stator and rectifier from Trail Tech and almost every stock part from the chassis, including a sweet modified stock exhaust thats HELLA loud. Most engine parts are either modified stock bits or were traded for what it has now.

That stock exhaust looked sick too.

Haha, that was one of the best mods for the money back when I first started tweaking this thing! When I finally got the Yoshi system put on I was really surprised that I didn’t even have to rejet, it flowed that well. I just felt more power in the mid to upper and less on the bottom.

Always wanted to get a Sparks big core for this thing though.:vlad

nah i had a warrior set up for GNCC and a blaster for doin wheeies and stuff but i love yfz’s

I’d take a partial trade on a Warrior, I miss mine!

I heard this quad is Stoopid fast. GLWS Homie!

had…not have lol now i wish i had them back :cry:

IDK why everyone thinks its fast. I think its pretty dumpy, actually. :wtf2

:rofl

bump for a good seller and one dirty quad.

Thanks man, glad to see the Banshee together.

I’ve gotten a few lowballs, for some reason people think I’m desperate to sell? :Idiots

Remember, I will CONSIDER PARTIAL TRADES, but I NEED CASH ON TOP for another project!

Bumpity bump for a short ride over the weekend. Gonna miss it dearly but I just get bored with land restrictions, no truck or trailer to get it to races, and no one to ride with.

Some may say we have a lot of land, but this thing covers it pretty quick… hence the boredom!

Shoot your offers. I wanna get back into the 240 scene.

Good luck buddy, I wanna see that 240 back out!

trade ya my quad…

but I need some cash from your end as well…

I just noticed your from Byrne…

Do you know Ricky Franze and Mark wallace??