Looking for someone who can time vanos

You think I can borrow your tools again? It looks like I need to order a new head gasket and bolts. Is there anything else you recommend?

those kind of consistent low numbers across the board point to cam timing being off.

You can borrow them yes, but IF you’re going to get into changing the HG again, at this point I’d rather be there to help you or have the car here to help you. Ive got quite a bit in the schedule at the moment but can definitely help you with this once I get it all done.

who wants to help me rebuild my vanos

dont know where your vanos has been so no

:haha it’s easy with basic tools

Not doing it yourself this time?

I’ll wait for you. Let me know when your free. I’d rater have it done right. Its been sitting all winter in garage. Should I go ahead and order a new head gasket and bolts tomorrow? I’d like to have everything I need so it’s a one shot deal. I still need to replace the slave cylinder too. I can do that now, this way I can safely drive the car.

I really need help on this one. This is the 1st BMW I’ve ever done serious repairs to. I use to be a honda guy and have probably 20 swaps under my belt, but can’t get this BMW to run right. The principals are the same, but the mechanics are totally different. I’ve done a ton of research and reading, but this is not the kind of engine that just anyone can take apart and throw back together with out experience, which I’m lacking in the BMW department. I’ve learned a ton just from what you guys have posted here. Its been a good learning experience for me, but now I’m just frustrated.

Good luck! Seems like it’s almost resolved by now.

Unprecedented amount of dedication ITT

Yes new HG, new Vanos-to-head metal gasket, new headbolts.

I’ll order it today.

I just ordered the parts from Turner Motorsport. I got the head bolts, head gasket, slave cylinder, and vanos gasket. It’s coming from Mass, so I should have it this week. Adam, let me know how your schedule looks. I need to get my windshield replaced too, for the 2nd time in 6 months . So I may do that in the mean time. I’m also on the hunt for another hood and a fuel door if anyone has on or knows where I can get one.