Looking for someone with a garage lift...

Does anyone have a garage lift or something along those lines to lift a car? I need to pound out a dent on the oil pan on my car, it’s dented pretty good and my oil pressure is very low, so I’m afraid I might spin a bearing with it running like this.

Thanks guys!

-Chris

1. “Spun” bearing lol
  2. Oil “pressure” lol
    and chris we can put the car on stands and do it, I have to work every day this week, either wait untill sat or, do it a little bit at a time in the morning, txt me though, and FOR CHRIS SAKE DONT START THE CAR lol LMK

-Ian

do not drive car with low oil pressure.

Oh and dont waste the money on a replacement, I saw the pic, It can be pushed out an reused

It already has been, and we’ve discussed that the engine may be damaged as a result. spun bearings are soooo common on the DOHC 6G’s

Just drive the car up onto blocks of wood that gradually increase in size if it is lowered. Then you can get the jack under it to jack it up…

Jack stands and a good jack are your friend. Get that thing off the ground and go to work.

If you have to dick around to get a jack under it, it isnt going to go on a lift without a bunch of boards and a jack as well.

:tup:

I found what works very well, if you have the room, is to use 2 railroad ties (make sure they can’t roll and use 2x4’s or something like crazylt1 described to drive onto them)

works great

I have a lift where you located?

QFT

I might do a compression test first before I go ahead with all this, I just put a quart of lucas oil synthetic blend in my car, and now im running at regular compression and as a side bonus the lifter tick isn’t too bad anymore lol. I really should just put my money into a new oil pressure gauge lol.

So as of right now i’d say it’s drivable, but i still want to pound out the dent.

its not… dont fuck around on a easy fix…

FYI pepboys has a nice low profile jack that i use for my m3, as i cant get anything else under the car…

if you still cant get this under there

use this

Compression is not your problem, oil pressure is. A compression test won’t tell you that it’s low, an oil pressure guage will. I would say don’t drive it till you know what the oil pressure is like. It’s possible that you were just low on oil and that caused low pressure.

no it’s definitely low pressure caused by the dented oil pan. It’s a big problem with 3s community, a lot of garages lift the car by the oil pan during the 60k maintenance, resulting in denting the oil catch on the pan, which moves the oil pump tube/screen slighty, but just enough where it closes the gap to let oil into the block, thus resulting in oil starvation. Right now with the pan dented as it is, and my somewhat low oil pressure, the finger’s point to that as being the main problem.

compression test won’t tell you anything chris, it has nothing to do with spinning a rod bearing, ian told me about this morning, GL with the fix, if you need any help LMK

^^^ so why take the chance to run/drive it???

i don’t think he has driven it since he found out the pan was dented