Looking for support for Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

Hey everyone, I’ll be running in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on June 9th and am hoping to get some donations from anyone on here. Every little bit counts, so even if it’s just $1, $5, $10 (you get the point), I’d greatly appreciate it. This is my 6th year participating in the event. I run in memory of my best friend’s mother, who lost her battle 5 and a half years ago. Our team, The White Carnations, has been the largest team participating in the race for the last four years and look to continue that again this year. Our goal is to raise $5000. Thanks so much everyone for the help!!

Here’s the current link to my page: http://wny.info-komen.org/site/TR/Ra...nal&fr_id=2915

Team link here: http://wny.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/BUF_WesternNewYorkAffiliate?team_id=200775&pg=team&fr_id=2410

bump

bumping this up a bit earlier this year in hopes of getting a jump on my fundraising. ANY contributions are greatly appreciated. I have edited the original post with a link and updated information.

Will donate on my next pay check.

Awesome thanks!

bump!

I am also running this race but in Raleigh, NC. Good Luck!!

Donated

^^Thank you!!!

Donated, found out today my mother has Breast Cancer thank you for running in this

I am sorry to hear about your mother. Stay positive though, it can go a long way with positive support from her and from the people closest to her. Thank you so much for your donation!

:tup: I’ll be running this as well. There’s an incredible turn out every year.

bump! still looking for donations. Our team is way behind on our fundraising right now. Usually we pull it together in the last couple of weeks before the race, but everything is appreciated!

Hope you reach your goal.

Oh man… if i let the wife see this she would empty the bank account lol… She has like every pink Susan G Komen thing made i’m glad she donates but it gets out of hand some times. I’ll see what i can do :slight_smile:

bump! 1 week from tomorrow and our team is definitely gonna need to scramble for donations. Anything is appreciated!!

edit- Funny story for anyone who cares. But last year a buddy of mine donated $0.39 (what a dick!). He later tried using that same card for a transaction a few days later and was denied. After making a call to his CC company, they told him his card had temporarily been put on hold while they investigated potential suspicious activity, which had all started with his 39 cent donation. Karma :tup:

bump! 2 days til the race. Looks like we won’t reach our fundraising goal but I think we will have the largest team again. Any last donations would be awesome!

one final bump! race tomorrow morning, so pumped!

I am gonna be there too with the wifey… not looking forward to running in the rain. :tif:

Weather held off and another fantastic event. The White Carnations once again took home the largest team award. If anyone happened to notice a bunch of guys with shaved heads or partially shaved heads, and blue shirts with BALD FOR BOOBIES on them, that was us!