Looking to Bio-deisel a tractor

is he looking to sell some? i would be a regular customer.

as for running bio in the old deere, there are two methods of running bio-based fuels in a diesel.

#1 is Biodiesel. this takes the oil (fresh or waste) and uses a chemical process to remove the glycerine (the sticky stuff in veggie oil) to make it almost as thin as petro diesel. the main problem with this process is there are some nasty chemicals involved. also, sice your tractor is pretty old, it will more than likely need to have the fuel lines changed to a material that isn’t rubber. this stuff breaks down rubber like whoa. site with good info: www.wnbiodiesel.com

#2 is Straight Vegtable Oil (SVO). this is where you have a seperate tank you pour vegetable oil or filtered waste oil, into that has heating elements used to thin the for use by the fuel system. typically you run coolant lines to the tank so it heats up the oil. when you start the engine, you run on dino-diesel for the first 5 minutes or so, then swiich to the grease. there is a company that sells kits to make your vehicle run on this stuff: www.greasecar.com

this book is really helpful: From the Fryer to the Fuel Tank: The Complete Guide to Using Vegetable Oil As an Alternative Fuel: Tickell, Joshua, Tickell, Kaia: 9780970722706: Amazon.com: Books

you can borrow it if you promise to give it back!

one other quick thing, i was at a biodiesel conference in oswego a few months back (yeah i am that big of a geek about this), and i talked a guy who would run a 50/50 mix of filtered waste oil and petrol-diesel in both his tractor and dodge truck with a 12v cummins in the summer with no issues at all. this was really tempting, but i have no desire to possibly ruin my $1200+ injection pump.