Looking to buy a bike this summer..

My cousin has a 1200 Nightster and he loves it. The bike as a whole is kinda small. But it’s very nice

Welcome to the dark side…

I like the all black 883, because it is not expensive and lots of room for mods; I would imagine a used 883 can’t be that expensive. I’ve always wanted a cruiser myself, may be after I picked up a motrad first…

Always wanted a rocket, but realized Id probably kill myself, not only that Id liket o have a bike I can take a distance and be moderately comfortable, for both me and my wife when Im comfortable enough to throw her on the back.

Not against buying used at all, just havent seen many older cruisers that have the style I want.

I was just looking at some used Iron 883s and they seem to drop value pretty quick looking at what people are currently selling them for, maybe thats the way to go.

all harleys newer than like the late 90’s drop signafigantly in value the moment they leave the lot. lol They are mass produced crappy quality for the most part. The little things querks add up on them which makes alot of their machines are lack quality no a days it seems. Its all about the name, thats what your paying for. The lower end models make decent power when they are left alone. Tuning on them is spotty hit or miss when you mod them. Even with the decent power stock, alot of the frames twist and the swingarms twist, an avid rider can feel it. The brakes blow too. My uncles have been into harleys since the 70’s in the hay day and have been on hundreds. The nightster my one uncle got after his buels first time out about rear ended someone who pulled out infont of him becasue the brakes were very far from what he expected.

Not saying they are all junk, but I am saying they just dont seem to be what they used to be.

and i fucking hate the sound of 90% of them. lol Idle is pure sex, half to 3/4 throttle sounds like farts in the bathtub and WOT isnt much better. :slight_smile:

If you want sportbike style with relative comfort and easily manageable power, take at look at used SV650’s or the new CBR500R…or the one on my shopping list the KTM Duke390 if you are looking at tards.

I’ll add Honda 599 (if you can find one), Kawi Ninja 650R/ER6N and Yamaha FZ6. None of these are great first bikes but aren’t any worse then a mid-sized cruiser, they are plenty sporty, and most of them hardly have any plastic (a plus in my book - love nakeds) and the power is not too crazy on them.

buy mine

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/gardner86z/20120613_173404.jpg

hmmmm buell! love those bikes

ever catch any bullshit for your rear plate? I just did my tail chop, and would rather mount mine like that than hanging down.

as long as the plates is back there and is lit up, as close to vert as it can be its legal enough.

Cops hate the plate turned 90 deg and stuck on a swingarm, plate mounted normally but at such and angle under the bike you cant read it unless your heads on the ground looking up, no lights, curled or bent so you can only read half the letter/numbers across the plate… all the dumb shit people do. My cop friends tell me that will get you pulled over for a warning just about every time they see it just for cause to check for valid reg, inspection and valid M lic. If your good and not a dick they usually tell you to fix it, if your a dick or dont have the above in check your getting tickets.

vmax?

Too slow.
Go 'Busa or go home.

Why do u mean too slow? Vmax is a monster

*whoosh

lol I had a built Vmax by PCW and painted lexus isf ultrasonic blue by Mike @ CRC and I have a busa now … idk if youve seen the gen 2 vmax… fucking beast! I still miss my vmax from time to time. They are not the greatest in the turns but NASTY off the line!

yea they are nick… i loved mine

LOOK INTO MY EYEZZZZZZZZ…

caption: OhNoPOPO after transformation. :excited:lol

I remember urs nick. I wanted to buy it. But I couldn’t afford it at the time