Looking to buy a first bike? Look here.

lmao… you totally tole that from me. !

MSF and prior experience greatly help minimize the skill level, but saying a big bike doesn’t determine anything is ridiculous.

It’s your choice to start on a 600cc, it’s glad to hear that you realized it takes nearly no skill to twist the throttle on the highway and 1000cc would give you a better feeling in that department.

If you wanted a highway queen however, you were looking at the wrong bikes the entire time and you should have bought a Hyabusa or a new Zx-14, they would do that job so much better.

Then again a fast car will accomplish the same thing, keeping you safer in the meantime :ponder

True riders love to ride because of the one thing that is unique to bikes, the leaning and the skill it takes to make it through a turn while being in full control of the bike. It is ridiculous for anybody to claim that after 3 days 600 didn’t satisfy them anymore when you barely had enough skill to properly handle the bike and a guy on a 250 would be much more comfortable in the control department, being faster around turns.

You see how cc’s matter?

One thing that is true without argument IS that to optimally ride through twisties is throttle control which is way more touchy through turns on a bigger bike.However, this is something that you can learn on a 600 sportbike through riding daily. Its much touchier to run through a turn at 8k and KEEP it at 8k consitantly through that turn on 600 sportbike rather than a 250. But i really think you can learn that throttle control within the weeks you should be practicing normal riding on your bike. IMHO you shouldn’t be riding through any twisties on any bike before you learn to control that bike.

Throttle control is just one of many factors that are affected by choosing a race replica super-sport to learn on instead of a street bike.

check mine :ohnoes

o and just to let you know its not rediculous for anyone to claim a 600 isnt enought power, and i didnt claim it, i did it, its ez so 4 u to say anything bout that aspect i can say its rediculous that you couldnt hop on a 1000 and rip it in 3 days i know plenty of ppl that bought a 1000 for a first bike and their still here riding, not in hospital beds

what are you, fifteen?
exercise some common sense and grammar before posting or I’ll just delete your stupid shit.
the only people who can claim that 600 is not enough power are those who race them for a living.
these are racing machines, and it’s laughable for someone who couldn’t touch the level of racers who ride them to claim that these bikes are easy to learn on or aren’t enough power.

Not enough power is laughable. A 600 cbr, r6, gsxr600, zx-6r, ect ect, all rip. Trap high 120’s and in the 130’s.

People who say a 600 is way too slow, need to look at trap speed diffs.

A 600 and a 1000 are going to be very similar in a 1/4 mile. It’s after the 1/4 mile that the 1000 will start to pull hard on a 600.

Did you just reply to the same post twice? :lol

Do you still even have a bike Brian? Did you ever finally get it registered if you’ve still got it?

I haven’t seen you in a while. I got rid of the R6. I’m going to pick up a 1,000 next season.

I plan on getting a GSXR 1000 or i’ve been tossing around the idea of a ZX-10. I’m still a ways off from it to worry about it. I want to get a left over model next season.

The new zx10’s are pretty though. Never rode one so I can’t say god bad or indiff.

I don’t really give a rat’s ass about how you learned to ride.
from what you write you’re another monkey who only knows how to twist the throttle in straightaways and thinks it makes him good.

I suggest you clean up your post before I do it for you and adjust your attitude as well.
your motormouthing on an internet message board hardly impresses anybody.

If you were to go rock climbing would you go for the biggest and baddest mountain that only professionals climb as your first mountain or start small?

I’m not trying to impress anyone, i made a ligament statement about my thoughts on buying a 1st bike, there is no reason someone should buy a bike they DO NOT WANT for a first bike because you feel its a good idea and you go and make some stupid comments about my opinion which is what a forum is meant to have on it, someones opinion and you guys come across and say its ridiculous 600’s are too much power 1000’s are ridiculous ahh look at trap speeds lalalal and all this jargon when in all reality every bike has the same concept needed for a safe ride…respect for wat your on, confidence, throttle control,clutch and balance and anyone who starts off riding is going to find that out in that exact order, i dont care wat kind of bike your on, and than you tell me some bullshit about how i think straight lines make me look cool? what the fuck are you talking about do you think i bought my bike because i think its cool ? haha well NO i bought my bike because i liked the look and style and most of all the feel of the seat positioning, a 600RR is a detuned motogp bike pretty much it sits 70mm more forward down in the bike than the f4i, yea I’m not just some monkey who bought a bike, and just to let you know the first bike i ever rode was a 03 gsxr 1000 had no problem jus respected what i was getting on, had the confidence to ride, got the throttle under control felt the clutch, and learned to balance hmmm what a coincidence :confused

i read what i posted and i decided to just bite my tounge on that last theroy and delete my posts bcuz its not worth leaving much imput with oleg here but
you know its kinda funny i jus read this whole thread and JRubino had the same theroy as I did, only I have only ripped on like 2 maybe 3 dirtbikes when i was younger so…but you jumped down his throat too about your communist ideas about buying 250’s. IM REALLY STARTING TO REALIZE I AM NOT THE ONE HERE WITH THE ISSUES ITS YOU!

do you even ride, do you even own a bike…why are you even in here? :confused

He has a 250 I think. The new 250’s are actually sorta good looking. And cheap as dirt.

well ok than that explains everything :headbang