Looking to switch ISP

Hia guys

I think I am getting owned by Bell… I’ve been with them so long that the plans changed and I am on some outdated plan offering 5 mbps and 60 gb bandwidth – they bumped up the price to almost 60 bucks (59.90) because of “rise of costs of new technology” (I got same old technology but price did go up).

As you can see from the link below, people are getting 16mbps / 75 gbps for 46.95…
I am getting royally screwed. :frowning:

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/internet.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=PrsShpInt_NewAccess_internetBrowse_portlet&PrsShpInt_NewAccess_internetBrowse_portlet_actionOverride=%2Fportlets%2Fpersonal%2Finternet%2Fbrowse%2FgetDetailPage&_pageLabel=PrsShpInt_NewAccess

I talked with the sales rep and they offered 10% off for 6 months. Anyways, long story short.
I am looking for another ISP in KW area with at least 10mbps and 60+ gbps for around same price or better. Anyone can suggest anything useful, please do.

Thanks guys :frowning:

And why can’t you switch to the 16mbps/75gbps for $46.95 /month?

I’ve had it with bell too.

Internet connection is unstable, goes offline all the time and now its slow, cant even stream a youtube video without it stopping.

They have sent me 3 new routers, two techs to my house and still no progress.

Finally after having to ask to get some kind of compensation they offered me a month free…the internet has been shitty since December! Not to mention the countless hours on hold and talking to ppl i cant fucking understand!!!

Im also getting roughly 5mbps, but paying think $48ish/mnth

Rogers or cogeco any good?

They said it “maybe not” offered" in my area… I just called one billing directly and when I told them I am looking to cancel i finally got their attention… I’ll find out today if they can get me 16mbps/75gb (it’d be around 61 bucks without bundle)…

hopefully lol

— Weaves
My friend has teksavvy… 32 bucks for like 200gb/5mbps…
He’s having issue and his net has been down for 2 days now - they’ve acknowledged that it’s on their and looking into it…

I am also looking at options… keep em coming people :slight_smile:

Rogers isnt bad, I too got tired of cooking the bell routers. I pay about 50$ a month for rogers and im happy.

Bell beats Rogers anyday.

I’m at work (Bell HQ Oshawa) now- 905- FOUR THREE TWO - 0707. Call me and I will return your call and see if I can help you out.

Go bitch slap someone for me please

Any DSL provider will tie through Bell’s network at some point.

I use Teksavvy, it’s fantastic for the price however I miss 16Mbps speeds that Cogeco offered.

Screw the big companies, we need to support the little guys to create more competition in the market. This will ultimately force Bell/Rogers/Cogeco/Shaw/Telus to lower the price while also giving money to companies like Teksavvy to lobby the CRTC for unrestricted access to Bell’s infrastructure (ie, resell the 16Mbps DSL service).

If DSL isn’t stable for you, jump on cable or wireless.

Don’t be fooled by fibre 25+, it’s fibre to the Bell switch and copper to the home. It’s just re-marketed ADSL2+.

If you’re in KW check out fibrenetics, they offer a ADSL2+ package (i think).

TekkSavy best internet around and no overages

TekSavvy sucks asshole. 5MBit is absolutely unacceptable. (I use it at home because I have no choice with my 400-500GB/month downloading)