Looking to upgrade my 240sx speakers?!?

Hey Guys
I am wanting to take out my stock speakers and upgrade. I dont want 4X6 speakers though. What else fits and where can I get some brackets to hold better sounding speakers??
Thanks Tony
ps pics would be nice

This is in my 240 by the way… :oops:

If its an s13 than a good speaker upgrade is fabricating the privacy cover to fit larger speakers and just wiring the stock rear speakers there.

buy a good set of 4x6’s and than put 6x9’s in the back

i am just going with 4x6’s all decent deck. not a big fan of stero systems

ooooo could i also give you my address??? :roll:

Glad I wasnt the only one who thought this…

Glad I wasnt the only one who thought this…[/quote]

I don’t get it…

cd player and stock if not mildly upgraded door and rear speakers … nothing more …especially from a theft standpoint …

and that you should be listening to the sound sof your car rather than G-Unit!

stereo is a luxury, its over rated anyways, i have some shitty deck in my altima, but in 180 its just not there, its too heavy!! :finga:

I’ve got a dvd unit in my car, that’s it. Stock speakers work awesome so i’ll keep em like that.

hahaha s13 stock speakers are the cardboard and foam types and by the time we get the cars some heatbags will have blown the foam out around the cone … hahahaha … some cars have decent stock speakers though

if you wanna spend some coin get MB quarts 5" rounds and remove the speaker brackets… you’ll have to make your own. or if you want to be cheap like me, buy the stocker cardboard ones, they sound like ass :E

lol, i thought this when i saw it, but i didnt want to post it…

glad someone else picked up on this!

I just use my phone. It has AM/FM. Stereo is just to heavy.

I have my deck and speaker in my Saftey Deposit bow so there is not chance of anyone jacking my shit. :roll:

how did you get a safety depost box that big? the ones i saw were tiny

You kids need to grow up. I thought this site was for enthusiasts. I am just looking for tips on getting different sized speakers in the place of the crappy 4X6’s. You dont run into this shit on a Chevy site.

cause no one steals things from old ugly rusty pieces of shit

Well, Seeing as Im probaly the only one who cares…I’m running jbl 650c’s in the front…I had to modify the mounting hardware a bit, and I run Infinity Reference 6412cf in the rear. My clairion deck and the infinity 4 channell 111watts RMS amp tops it off…in the front 6 1/2s arnt a hard fit if your patient.

Right on, thanks for the tip.