Side Speaker Sizes

Does anyone know the exact sizes of a 91 Nissan 240sx side speakers?

4x6/6½/6x9

Planning to buy new speakers but just don’t know the exact size of the stock ones I have.

Plus do you guys have any suggestion in what’s a good brand for (side) speakers? Pioneer, Infinity…etc?

Thanks

Stock speakers are 4x6.

You’re better off buying some 6.5s and making a custom plate to fit them.

I have a 5.25 inch component kit in both my doors, with a tweeter put in as well. Had to do a bit of custom work, but it works really well.

what size is usualy in the back? (s14) ?

My eclipse speakers R definately the best investment I have made for my sound system. I made the custom mount to fit the 6.5’s up front. Alot better then stock.

6.5’s

Theo

infinity or alpine are always a good way to go.
I would go with 6.5 up front also. wait… i did go that way 8)

the key question is not which are the best but is which sound best per setup.

deck and 4 I would go with pioners
deck amp and 4 I would go with rockford
deck 4 and subs i would go with alpine
deck amp 4 and subs i would go with JBL.

I like infinity myself… they are a bit on the pricey end of speakers tho. but I’ve never had a problem with mine. and even for 6X8 they seem to pound very well with little distortion.

aside form that I would go with JL.

i have 4/4x6 pheonix golds in my car and it sounds amazing.

Stock speaker sizes:

Coupe: 4x6 Front, 6.5 Rear
Hatch: 4x6 Front, 4x6 Rear

I have Infinity 625i (2-way) in rear, and Inifnity 605cs (components) in front.

See my site for some pics on intsalling these speakers.

I was actually thinking of putting the 6.5’s but customizing it would be a problem for myself.

Is it hard to actually fit 6.5’s or would my safe bet be to bring it to a professional and spend alot more money?

Like what kind of materials do you use to customize it?

Piece of acrylic :smiley: Although the prev owner already made appropriate mounting hardware, it doesn’t look difficult at all. It’s just a piece of acryllic cut to fit the speaker in it, then cut to fit in the door, and holes for screws to mount the acrylic to the doors.

Acrylic, wood, plexi, mdf, fiberglass, carbon fiber (lol)…

Come to the niagara meet, I’m sure somebody can show you their setup.