Lost my job

they are shortstaffed at every hospital in pittsburgh.

truth. You can add presby to the list of places that always seem to be looking for nurses. I think they even pay you to go back for a bachelor’s / master’s degree.

You can go onto UPMC and apply right online. They list all of their job openings including the doctor’s offices that they own as well as all of the hospitals. There are thousands of positions listed on there. Check it out.

yeah…that does suck

I wish I wasn’t grossed out by blood/bones/puke/shit/piss/disease/cancer/ or I would be a Gaylord Focker. Plus, I’ve dated 2 nurses and they were both hot and kinky. Nothing like meeting some more!:naughty: :naughty:

I’m not hot so don’t get your hopes up :stick:

Yeah, I can’t really move to Pittsburgh…I go to Washington Hospital school of nursing, all of my classes are at Waynesburg college this semester as well as two next semester. It only takes 45 minutes to get to Pittsburgh from here though. I was on the upmc website, and I applied for a job at childrens. My problem with finding a new job is I need something where I won’t be doing a lot of heavy lifting and hopefully not too much running like a chicken with my head chopped off…I’ve got some health problems which still aren’t diagnosed and my joints are screwed up. My knees and feet are pretty bad. My home health agency gave me two new clients, so I’m going to work those until I find something better. But my pay is going from 12.66 to 9 an hour and my hours from 32-29…So I have to find something soon. I put an application in at Southwest Regional Medical Center up here in Waynesburg, and I’m applying at the central blood bank (this would be easy work, no lifting or asswiping FTW).

and for a job with the central blood bank (they will train me to draw blood for blood drives).

CBB is a great place to work- you’d probably like your job alot. I work for CBB’s parent company. Very, very laid back environment at CBB from what I’ve seen with their sites and employees.

So how about getting me a job? :x:

So how about getting me a job?

Hahahaha

I’m one of the low men on the totem pole here; not much chance of me getting you a job.

tons of healthcare jobs out there… problem is that its shitty work for not so great pay…

if you wanna shoot me the ID numbers of the upmc jobs i can check them out and see whats up… but it probably wont’ help much

good luck!

i’d shy away from UPMC…i don’t know the area you’re willing to travel to but westmoreland/frick/latrobe are nice places to work. as well as the west penn system

(AGH, forbes, West Penn, AVH, and new ken)

why, because they are one of the best hospitals in the nation, or penna’s 3rd largest employer, behind walmart :jerkit: and the state itself…

… i don’t work for them, but all the people i work with do and they like it… and people are always trying to get jobs with them… doesn’t make sense to me.

I don’t either, I just work in every hospital in pittsburgh with the exception of mercy so i get to talk to a lot of people. I also work directly with nurses/techs/radiologists so i get a lot of feedback from all ends.

i’m relaying information to her, if i was her i’d look at some of the other hospital systems.

you mean feedback from the hospitals only… there are a lot more buildings and departments than the hospitals themselves…

i don’t really care, you don’t have specific reasoning so what can i say.

feedback from the hospitals? um no, i talk to the PEOPLE in the hospitals, about their jobs, benefits, i hear a lot of bitching about things here and there, i know people in departments i have no idea about higherups.

you tend to make conversation with PEOPLE when you’re there all the time.

Excela health is excelent like i suggested but might be too far of a drive.

Who doesn’t bitch about their job? I hear the Pitt tution perks are pretty good.

health services is customer service with shittier hours… i do’nt know what they would complain about for benefits… you have to be joking or mistakenly guessing because their employee benefiets are better than any company i’ve come in contact with.

oh well… i’d probably never work for them.

because there are places out there that treat [people better, have better wages, and benefits that’s all. but then again what do i know, listen to the guy that knows the inside of the datacenter