Work wanted, laid off for 3 months going on 4

Well i have been laid off for 3 months and it will be going on 4, i collect no unemployment at the moment and have been sending my resume everywhere. The economy is tight and so are jobs in pittsburgh.

I am getting close to the edge here and wondering if ANYBODY knows of any work in the south hills or pittsburgh area. I am more prone to an outside/auto industry and construction/bobcat type of work but also have little mortgage backround as well as managerial and computers. I am looking for a career oriented as wel las structured environment to be in but will basically take what i can get right now since i barely can get my bills out.

I am drug free and my D.O.T driving record is clean, i also posess a Medical card for combined weight. This is my last resort as of now and feel like shit having to post on Pittspeed for a job but maybe SOMEBODY knows of an opportunity?

Best of luck to you friend. I’m looking for a supplemental income myself and things are tough for sure.

Yes i know, i even went to a local retail store and was OVER qualified, what kind of shit is that?:reloading Thank you and best of luck yourself

I think it’s a nice way of saying “we’re hiring by the looks of the sign outside, but we’re just looking for cheap excuses to not actually hire you.”

Things are tough all over job-wise. Good luck I am in the same boat, and it also seems like construction type jobs are some of the toughest to get.

What kind of pay are you looking for? I would also assume you’re good with your hands? We’re currently hiring at my families business. We are in appliance repair. It’s not glorified work, but it is steady and the pay is decent.

damnit. i wish i knew that. i just had sears out to fix my piece of shit Kenmore oaisis washer.

Sorry for the hijack. Sears will rape you on charges. You don’t want to know the horrow stories I hear about them and their “technicians”.

The Kenmore Oasis is just a rebranded Whirlpool Cabrio washer anyways.

yeah well it was a little over a year old and needs a control board. was going to be like $500 for it to be fixed. i paid the guy the $60 for coming out and ordered the part online for $100. im sure i can put it in myself

I am smart when it comes to repairs and replacing/trouble shooting. My problem is that i am too mechanicly inclined for most jobs. PM me with info if you would not mind, thanks!

Please keep it ON TOPIC guys!

Check out www.indeed.com it pools a bunch of different job boards into one place. Best of luck Devin youll find something.