Lower 2 bolts on shock assembly removal (or lack there of)

Here’s the sit…

I’ve got to get thise stock (1990) struts off so my coilovers can go on.

I WD40’d the crap out of this whole area and left it to sit over night. I cam back with a breacker bar this morning and tried the top bolt on the drivers side. it moved a little creaked a little, I thought it was going… then snap well shiz… the nut and a small amout of the bolt is now on the floor, and the rest of the bolt ain’t moving.

I have tried hitting it with a hammer and a pin to try and force it out, took the impact wrench to it, torched it and cooled it and numerous combinations and repititions of the above to no avail.

how the fudge am I supposed to get this bolt off, and subsiquently the other 3 front bolts, and quite possibly the 2 lower rear bolts…

thanks

James

Your suspension is under load.

Try jacking up under the rear control arm (the spindle) to relieve some stress.

6 hours…

it took me 6 hours to get 2 bolts out I got the nuts off no problem, but 6 hours of pounding and heating and turning to get the darn bolts out… and tomorrow I do the passenger side…

BTW for the hub berring, is it supposed to be packed with grease? because mines not and what grease is in there is no longer in liquid state and is kind of crusty. it still spins fine but I dunno…

anyhoo I’m very happy I’m not paying someone to do this… I don’t mind wasting my time but paying 60+ an hour for this crap would be very painfull on the wallet.

You’ve got a great attitude about it dude

if you can find these bolts and nuts from a parts car because nissan like to rape up the ass for some parts

I broke an essentric bolt and nut on my rear upper control arm while putting in adjustable arms and nissan wnated like 25$ for the bolt and 17$ for the nut and washer or something silly like that

Today I got the passenger side bolts out and shock off in under 20 min…
I suppose they were not as rusted as the drivers side… I can only hope the rear end isnt like the drivers side.

but really, is there suppsoed to be a decent amount of grease in the hub berring ? like mine’s al krusty I ripped off the dust shelds as they were rusted and causing a lot of noise I don’t “really” need them do I ?

later

James