Lq4 or lq9

Looking for either. Mileage isn’t a huge issue. Being in good condition is.
Hoping some one has one local before I deal with and online yahoo.

I will keep an out out since I too am looking. I will let you know if I find a yard anywhere near with any. If you find a yard with a few id go grab a couple with ya as long as its a one day trip.

Howbill has a bunch of the 5.3’s if you are at all interested. I am personally going to hold out for a LQ4-9 I think.

i have reached out to a couple of local yards…they all seem to know VERY little about the motors they have. im having a very hard time finding them as they cannot search just engine codes like “lq9”…they need make,model,year…very frustrating dealing with these mongoloids.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVROLET-SILVERADO-SIERRA-YUKON-DENALI-SUBURBAN-6-0-LITER-LQ4-ENGINE-2001-2004-/270955044079?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f162ddcef&vxp=mtr

i almost pulled the trigger on this motor a couple of times. i spoke to the owner fo the rebuild company. he says MOST parts are oem or oem equiv…which scares me. him, nor i are 100% sure how it will hold up to high revs,spray,boost ext compared to a oem motor…piss

Just buy a forged 370 shortblock for like 3k(need to find a deal but they happen) and jam a LS6 intake and stock heads on it with better springs. Whammy 4k long block with forged goodies that will take some boost.

I too called some local yards this week. FML
I asked for DA ESCLADEEEEE WIT THE BIG MOTR

Howbill is where jt76 got his. I believe pat has a spare 5.3 block if you need one.

I’ll check em out. Thanks!

If it helps I don’t what you’re looking for specially but LQ4/LQ9 came in late model Chevy trucks/Vans/SUVs

Listing specific model trucks might help instead of a random engine code.

Yes I know what vehicles they came in. It’s so annoying running through every single model with some jabroni at a junk yard. I will most likely go with that reman I posted the link for. Hopefully it’s decent.

Late model GM trucks and vans with 5.3 or 6.0 isn’t that hard lol

$2k for a rebuilt 6l is a solid deal.

my buddy has a 6.0L sitting in his shop…for a while now. came out of a silverado with a cracked frame from snowplowing. supposedly going in a car, but nothing has happened yet. i can ask about it if youre interested?

That’s what I was thinking! Buttttttt…if its rebuilt with crap, and wont hold together, it’s not worth it’s weight in gravel.

Yea give him a shout. Can’t hurt.
Thanks.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-classifieds/1620305-ls1-engine.html

West coast heads are pretty nice. With some more info this could be a slick deal

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

http://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-classifieds/1620259-1999-camaro-ls1-engine-complete.html

This one includes harness, ecu, and accessories which is nice.

Low ball them both!

the yard i deal with usually has them for around a grand or less…mine was 800 with 66k on it and he leaves them in the trucks so you can hear them run…5.3si get for about500 running.

What yard? I wouldn’t mind a trip out for a few

kinsey salvage…kinda in the middle of nowhere but a great guy to do bussiness with…the prices are so good thats why we stuff them in everything…

Cool. I will give them a buzz tomorrow.

:slight_smile:

I also get stuff from jjs automotive he sold me a complete drop out with 4l80 for a grand so i can say thats the best place i ever dealt with

Thanks for the heads up. I would love a drop out with 4L80 for a grand!