cameo #2 looking for a LS1,LS2 or LS6

i had to make a new theread because some ignorant person i met in person for 3 minutes had to argue and deter from my message im looking for a LS1, 2 or 6 and am interested in any serious inquires so let me know guys with a computer would be a plus

ls1tech.com would be your best bet, you wont find anything here

Where are you located? Im sure I can find you something

hes in latham.

Did you try calling around to junkyards? They would probly have one.

I doubt it. 99% of the time, if a car with a LSx motor is crashed/totaled and hasto go to the junk yard the owner has the motor and tranny taken out because they sell and are worth a good deal of money and isnt a complete loss.

the closest junkyard with anything lsx related is a junkyard in nothern pennsylvania who specializes in 4th gen f-bodys, gto’s c5’s and even c6’s, there is NOTHING in the immediate area lsx related, junkyards are only going to carry your traditional smallblocks and lt1’s out of caprice’s

jerry browns has them there out of trcks though the 5.3 and 6.0 are very powerful units

6.0s are heavy, dont need extra weight, they’re only good for boosting

still lighter than the lt1 he has in his car and stronger

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/ltx-lsx/485123-lm7-into-iroc-z.html?highlight=

nice 5.3 build ;D

that car is clean as hell

I know we have a single LS1(non DBW throttle) down at Hunts in cold storage, however I’m not sure of it’s condition or what(if anything) Dave has planned for it(development, cores, etc, etc). I have a few subaru things I’ll be dealing with there over the next week after hours, I’ll inquire then…

hey everyone thanks the advice and hopefully i hear soon from boxersix

why waisy your time and do a swap??

Just buy a 4th gen that already has a LS1 in it

ls1 came in 98-02… aka obd2 aka CEL = inspection fail… why not be different. youd never expected an early 4th gen to be LSx… are you getting nervous?

there is a lot to be changed between the 2 in all honesty it is better to buy it instead of build it but to each there own i did it wit mine

id rather have an obd1 chassis with a modern engine and the obd2 port operational.

so would i but wit g/m obd 2 its so easy to overcome most c.e.l lights on them

im doing it because im building a new motor regardlessbecause i want to be able to make more power and it doesnt need to be those 3 typesd but therealso aluminum which is a plus to start with because then my car is instantly 150lbs lighter and its a shaft mounted rocker setup and plus my next motor im making is without a doubt gonna be a solid cam and a lot more agressive work done to it and electric water pump and possibly nitrous so im still up for discussion but those are the main reasons

and for any other wise @sses in advance yes those simple reasons may not make sense but im not gonna explain why they really do make sense because im not gonna sit here and right a book just to justify myself