LS1 Cam?

[QUOTE=joelster]You are talking abot the 4/7 swap cam for conventional firing order SBC’s and LT1’s. LS1’s fire totally different. To my knowledge there are no aftermarket cams for an LS1 that alter the firing order, there is no point.

ahh maybe ur right i dont know much about ls1, lt1 anyways, i play with the real thing.

JK but no i thought they where the same.

Howie, another thing is the “stock head” moster cams (24x* dur.) Some of them have a crazy agessive lobe profiles. Thats hammers spring down in ther presuer #'s pretty fast. 10-25K miles there way down with soft specs. The matinuse isnt low on them.

Very safe of lifters falling when the motors out, on the stand anyway. Just turn it over.
gavity>lifter tricks. Works on other motors with lifter trays too.

dont forget the heads have to be off too.

*take the heads off to remove the cam??

Hrm, good info. Why does everyone keep telling me 99 LS1 are good.

7100 rev limited and LS6 intake?

to get the lifter out.

98 have softer rod bolts some say.

LS1s have cams? :gotme:

no stock LS1 revs to 7100. Only way you rev that high is if you are running a topend cam like the Trex and headwork.

You dont need to be going balls out, get a mild cam and upgrade the springs and retainers. You’ll love it

TQ is ghey!! Only peak HP #s win bench races. Why do you think the almighty Supra is so coveted?

I better check my tach then???

so you rev a stock LS1 to 7100rpm?

Yeah.

stock rod bolts?..

ill be counting the days till you have a hole in the side of your block

Yeah ok. Hundred bottle’s through it. No problem. Not sayin it won’t go but i’m still counting. You’d be surprised how far you can push a stock short block.

just to add.
people dont shift on limiter bounce, everytime. The agreassive stock head cams make power there (tq+rpms=hp)

i know it has been done many times… but those people are lucky, imo. its like a 10bolt…theres many people that have them break with alota abuse…those people are lucky… :gotme:

have them NOT break*

you havent done any headwork?

Way more stock shortblock 600+ whp car’s out there compared to 10 bolt’s with slick’s. :gotme: 10 bolt goes first everytime. You can really push the limit’s when your tuned perfectly.

nope

Last I checked I was top 10 cam-only trap speed’s in the country.

we are talking about two different things. i am talking about RPMs and now your talking about HP. not the same thing