LS1 guys come in....

I am considering these…

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product.phtml?p=1351

i can get a good deal on a set, everything i have read claims they make good power, even comparable to the top dollar aftermarket heads :gotme:

Why not spend a lil extra and get a different cam that matches those heads better?

Its all in the combination anyways…

i was debating on that as well,a cam that is purpose matched to a set of heads… a different cam is what? $350?

lol did I make you nervous when I mentioned 10s ?

Yea…most places will cut you a deal if you grab a set of heads…

haha i have been debating on spray vs heads for a long time… my car is just starting to get slow to me, i need a kick in the pants some way :slight_smile:

heads arn’t going to make a night and day difference like the bottle is…

I would research good fast 90/90 heads/cam combos…no reason you can’t be 450+ rwhp and gain a lot of torque…obviously with a good tune.

these are pretty peaky. the midrange intake is kinda weak and the full exhaust even more-so.

for the money they aren’t too bad, but i’d hang on to your bank for now. theres more to a head than flow numbers too… velocity

i knew you would want to killl me for considering anything besides AFR’s Bill :smiley:

There are a few people on Ls1 tech that were posting up dyno sheets of +45- 50 ish rwhp with these heads… if i could pick them up for say… a grand, not a bad choice?

no not at all… a good head is a good head. no two ways about it.

what are these guys adding 50rwhp with just these heads added running besides these? theres obviously a lot more to this than adding the “bestest” of each kind of part. especially in an NA setup, the COMBO needs to work in unison

not saying this wouldn’t make a nice combo, just adding some constructive criticism

No way !!!

Pony up some money and grab a set of good used ARF’s.

the one guy i talked to had these heads on his 2004 GTO… 224/224 cam FAST 90 full exhaust etc and claims he went from 358rwhp - 406rhp with just the head swap.

even if that is the case, a run of the mill 224 cam is wayyy off the mark from what your grind is.

apples and oranges

I’d be surprised to see that much gain even with AFR’s or another real good head. But, you never know??

+1

My dyno queen is at 445hp with afr’s and a cam. Just do it. What cam is in your car?

what does your car dyno now?
if you want to go fast A4 & stall it

He probably had a shit tune to begin with…swapped the heads and had someone who knows how to tune do it…

swap in a street sweeper cam and whack it with a 200 shot

231/237 (.595/.605)