LS1 guys, c'mon in.....got a cam/VT question for ya

its all preception i guess. it wasnt a dick comment coming from me. this isnt an LS based community. the best advice will be given within the community, or directly from the source.

Its a general car based community and it looks like he was just poking around if anyone around had info. Im sure hell gather info from all over, but you never know who has had experience with what as im sure you dont know half of this forum inside and out.
As for perception of your posts, maybe its just me, but i perceive a lot of you posts as such. You might want to double think your posts or how you present them cause you do come off abrasive at times

big thanks. this is the info and response I was hoping for :slight_smile:

I read the oil pumps on the older LS1’s have had issues and I planned on updating the pump. Dry sump is not out of the question either

the idea with this car, being that it is the first GTR to have been brought to the states, is to keep it as original looking as possible. Everything you listed above fits the bill perfectly and will be done:)

~400RWHP in this chassis would be nutty, but could potentially give it the nudge to be a #1 contender next year in OLOA 2011 with some skill.

call up thunder racing and tell them you want the cheatr cam. Keep the stock manifold and such on the motor, because thats what the cam thrives off…You can buy the whole cam/valvetrain kit right from them.

I am not sure but if you checked the stats of the Cheatr cam, you will see it is by no means a small cam…its 117 LSA makes it invincible.

even with 380-400rwhp, its such a small margin in power that either way, the car will rip.

Get a ported LS6 oil pump. They are around $130 and its better to be safe then sorry. Mine increased my oil pressure by 20psi across the board. The only problem with that is you will burn a little bit more oil then the LS1’s already do. Just the nature of the beast.

if you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a PM and we can talk more.

LOl im a little confused but what is this “GTR” you speak of? Pics?!?

Ultima GTR I have no pics I can pull at the moment, but here’s one from online. I will be at the saratoga auto museum car show this Sunday with the car if you’d like to see it. ~2200lbs of mid engine kit car fury.

http://media.techeblog.com/images/ultima_1.jpg

yeah man, well i dont know. i just figured that someone of his background would just go to the source and skip over the he said, she said about a product and contact the source directly you know, as im sure theyre more than capable of setting him up with something that will meet his needs exactly. you know what i mean?

wow

a cammed LS1 in that car would be dangerous.

If I felt I was going to get a load of BS from the people that actually ran the stuff then I would never have asked, but with my background I find personal opinion and choice of people like those that have posted in this thread a good reference point before dealing with companies that want to shove their products into your car.

And besides, it’s an internet automotive forum where such questions should be asked. If nothing else it gives you a legitimate thread to moderate :lol

Only as dangerous as your right foot really. The chassis is quite stable :slight_smile:

That car is nutty. I saw the car in person a few days ago and was poking around at everything. If only I was a bit smaller and wasn’t as much as a pussy, I’d have one lol.

Feel free to get one anyway, I’ll drive it for you if you want :slight_smile:

I meant dangerous in a good way!