Cam thoughts?

I see 2 other cam questions on this page, but they both ended up in trash talk. I did manage to reap a little knowledge out of both of them though, so I reckon that’s a plus.

To make the long story short. I’m pretty much ready to do the cam install. Just having a hard time on the choices. For me, driveability is on the low end of priorities. I know that the cam with the most lope is not necessarily the best for my application. There will still be a N20 system in use. The T/C is a 3800 stall with a 2.5 STR. I would like to take a little more advantage of that in the process.

Any help would be appreciated, kinda to help me clear my head.

kim, ask pewterss…at least your cars are the same color.

kim your already fast enough !!! you dont need anything :slight_smile: give to the less fortunate me :slight_smile:

what all do u have done??

Nothing much. Just the 3800 stall converter, cutout, lid, 75hp dry shot, and a cutout. I don’t think that I have enough money to do a cam and head package. Would like to think about a cam and a set of headers. For the minute, I am just trying the cam. I will end up doing a new fuel pump as well, for the N20. Potential of looking at injectors as well. And the tuning required. ACK! Welcoome to my money pit.

Pewter, what cam do you run? And do I dare ask how extensive your mods are?

my cam is 224/228/113 its in between n/a & spray!!

my heads & cam were only 2g’s!!!

ls6 intake free!!!:smiley:

Since you’re spraying a standard split duration cam (that is, longer exhaust duration than intake, such as Pewter’s) would be good for you. NA LS1s like a reverse split (more intake duration), but with the spray the extra exhaust duration helps you expell the spent charge.

If your car isn’t an '01+ then you should get a LS6 intake for sure. Also, I don’t see headers listed. If you’re already spraying and you want to do a cam you should really have headers.

-TJ

Gotcha…not reverse split.

An LS6 intake. I’ll add it to the wish list. As for the headers, I am hoping that goes into the plan later this Feb, along with the cam.