LS1 owners inside....think I found something...

Maybe.
All it says is: Must be registered and have more than 50 posts to view.
Weve got over 50 posts and can view it so who knows?

some gsr honda heads have some dremel marks particularly a star etched in from the factory, some people like to say these ones have a factory port/polish but noone really knows. could be a factory marking.

Honda head porting is an oxymoron given how well they flow.

Yeah, it doesn’t make sense that a port/polish/valve job is part of every serious N/A honda build :confused

Oh and it’s flux capacitor not FLEX… DUH!!! ;D

is the motor rebuilt maybe? its there nething else supicious

the car has 44k on the dash…highly doubt its been rebuilt. Carfax didnt say anything about a rebuild either.

Carfax misses a lot of shit. Personally, if the car appears to be well taken care of and leakdown/compression checks out ok, don’t worry about it or you will drive yourself nuts.

well my V6 had a motor rebuild, and then a motor swap and both of them are in the car fax.

carfax only lists what is reported to them.

That’s fine. I am simply saying that because it’s not on CarFax report doesn’t mean it wasn’t done. Hell, I know PLENTY of people who have done rebuilds/new blocks and it’s not on the CarFax at all. This includes accidents.

Right.

I made a post about it on LS1tech.com and a few people said that the engravings could mean a “Factory” Performance head/cam package?? I guess they only did this to a select few?? Beats me…didnt know anything about that?

Probably not given your car’s trap. It’s still low for a LS1 M6.

my buddies went 12.8 bone stock with a set of drag radials…errr no he had no muffler and went 12.8 at 108

yup… its true

how will carfax know if I do a motor swap in my garage or if I fix damage from an accident myself?

Patriot Act? :confused

crap, I keep forgetting that we are talking about the LS1 here.

that thing sends out radio waves to the carfax servers via the transmitter embedded in it’s block. I hear it also receives data about the weather and makes adjustments automatically to maximize low end torque.

Carfax and modded cars FTL