LSx crate engines?

Buddy needs something else other than his LT1, anyone know any places for GM crate engines?

Thanks.

Performance Improvements, or Canadian Tire (yes, CT!) Just check out their Keystone catalog…

Has your buddy been to any Gm parts dept?

I think anyone who can get GM parts can get crate motors. The quickest I would think would be a GM dealer it self.

so simple

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/

how much are LS1/LS2 locally? Even LS6?
What about a T56?

More than you can afford pal…

Around 6-7k for a new LS1, not sure of the T56 tranny, but the LS1 Ecu is 1,400ish alone. So an LS1 setup is probably around 10k.

Thanks for the replies, told my buddy to check performance improvements

Expect to source a T56 from the States. I’ve seen them go for $1000-$1500usd used/non-rebuilt…so expect about $2000CDN to your door…min.

new ls1’s are 7k from GM, and a t-56 is gonna run you 2500

a LS1 swap will cost you …using new parts about 11-12k or so

alot less if you can get a good used motor and tranny…

all the bits and parts add up though

its 100% a good swap though…very fun car with the Ls1 in it

There are a few swaps posted on www.ls1tech.com they seem to be posted from about 3k to 5k

^ All running used motorsets. Not that it’s a bad option, but the pricing is definitely skewed. Also, that’s USD, so make it 4-7K CAD, and factor in availability of parts here versus “the South”, where T-56s grow on trees.

It sucks that our dollar plumetted to the shity US dollar. Ah well.

Yeah I’m pretty much aware on state side pricings I was wondering how it is up here. Nah I don’t want to buy a brand new one. And if it does cost 10k, then wtf for another 5k (at least state side) I can get a brand new LS7 cause apparently those crate motors are 15k.

Man why do you always have to such a dickwad?

It was an F&F quote dude… but yeah that’s Mark for ya, esp. as a response to rogerthat240’s queries.

If you’re looking for something cheaper, get a 5.3 out of the Silverados or whatever. They’re an extremely similar engine, but a slightly heavier block. Change the intake on them and get a different transmission (unless you like the auto on it, which is a solid transmission), and you’re good to go.

You’re going to spend a massive amount less, which can then be spent on heads/cam/+suspension and you’ll get some serious power happening.

It’s because he has nothing ever useful to contribute so he just says unfunny stuff for attention.

Well Ahmed, why don’t you prove me wrong and buy one right now… post up a receipt. If you can afford it, then I’ll take down my quote.

lol I think you missed the point here, the general consensus was about your stupidity. Stop being bored do something with your life.

If I had the money I would have already bought it. I have responsibilities unlike your wavy domo ass:

http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/06/domoflowers.jpg