lt1 flywheel weight....

cool, but the tenth wasn’t just the flywheel. They said the car had some boltons and slicks and gained a tenth from a new clutch and flywheel. I wonder what the gain would be from just a flywheel. :dunno:

well buddy…thats what lt1power is doing…clucth and lightweight flywheel…like most smart ppl would do those at the same time

I agree, but we were dicussing the issue of a lighter flywheel, not the impact of other parts including the flywheel to increase power.

If you read the first post, it says nothing of a new clutch also, it says flywheel and 4.10’s. I bet the 4.10’s make a big difference.

yes i think he will realize a difference…cars have seen with just flywheel and clutch swap…what he is doing…a tenth quicker…and hes doing a 4.10 rear end also…he will prob. see a nice gain there also

not according to the article you posted. The article saw a tenth with a flywheel and clutch combo. And also referred to the stock clutch slipping a bit, so I think that is where the tenth is, not the flywheel.

his car will feel a lot different with the flywheel, clutch, and 4.10’s.

I’m done with this, it’s getting boring

77 is retarded on my bdaY

i do recognize and do realize that it will be harder to launch, but i am not your typical drag racing f-body driver. I like corners, and a lightweight flywheel will help me accelerate out of corners better and keep the rpm’s high.

as for the lt1’s powerband, i know that its torquey and doesn’t have the greatest top end, but get a lighweight flywheel will not change the powerband it will only make it run throught it faster. So it seems like a win win situation for me. I’ll let you guys know how it turns out.

Yeah i’d be interested to hear what you think. All my fbody friends ended up sticking with stock weight flywheels but then again they weren’t interested in corners.

how is that?