lt1 flywheel weight....

how much does a stock lt1 flywheel weigh? I just ordered a lightweight (11.5 lbs)findanza flywheel. Will i see a noticeable difference with this mod? I also plan on gettin 4.10’s to make it rev real fast.

i hear the are up there in wiehgt…but im not sure…ur car will be sick with 4.10’s

i will see you on rt%

you’ll like the 4.10s if you can afford the gas. I tried an aluminum flywheel once. Didn’t like it, so I put the heavier one back on.

I’d stick with stock. Revving faster has little to no benefits with a powerband that lt1’s have. It would be different it lt1’s were more rev happy and needed fast revs to reach peak power.

every little bit helps kinticky kid

Whats the point of revving faster with a powerband that reached peak quickly? Any gains noticed will be minimal at best with just the flywheel.

thier is little things called “gears” 6 of them in fact for his car.
he could find the powerband for rollracing:rolleyes:…

Whats the benefit of having more weight ?

The point is he doesn’t need a lightened flywheel. A rearend would be a better solution. Unless of course he wants to join the broken 10 bolt club. :burnout:

smoother to drive with no performance loss, or very little.

better launch

light flywheels are for honda’s with no torque, real cars have torque and don’t care about a little extra weight

x2 :rofl:

:rolleyes:

wow…hmmmm…lightwieght flywheel with 4.10s…id rather have that then heavy flywheel and 4.10s

sad but true. i still ran my factory flywheel on my 9krpm motor. Thing revved insanely fast, I would have loved to see it on a 11lb wheel. Be like shit where did 1st gear go

ya…why free up wieght on the rotating assembly???:rolleyes:

because cars with torque will not be affected as much as an engine with little torque. This extra weight helps the launch and makes it easier to drive for an everyday car. The performance gain for a lsx isn’t worth it, IMO. There are much better ways to spend money on performance before the flywheel.

stock cars have seen at least at tenth better in the quarter mile

link

one would belive a lightwieght flywheel helps with launching a car

http://gmhightechperformance.com/tech/0303GMH_Weight/