flywheel

Does anyone know where I can have my flywheel lighten ?
I am purchasing a extra flywheel that I want to take to a machine shop for resurfacing and shave some extra weight .
I will purchasing my heavy duty clutch very soon and want to have it ready asap .
Location and price please .

buy a light weight flywheel…

your just asking for trouble when you start milling down a stock one… especially when you are going to be running higher rpms…

i can get a few different flywheels for the ka’s and sr’s.

GT

I know a dude who lighten’s his own flywheels but on a honda… Hes never had any problems, but has never pushed over 170whp

Lighting a Stock Flywheel is a real “do at your own risk type deal” and I would do as Greg suggusted and actually buy a proper one.

:werd:

and

:werd:

most shops will not even do it.

BUT…if you really want you could try Ajax Engines
website is www.ajaxengines.com and you can find all of the info on their site.

I bought from these guys and was very happy with the service/product:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fidanza-flywheel-Nissan-240SX-89-98-2-4L_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33732QQitemZ8010907201QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Plus, the flywheel is only 11 lbs…

Just a consideration, do what you gotta do. :slight_smile:

thanx jackal , That the most usefull thing I saw in the entire post ,
I will honestly think about bidding on ebay for that one ,
I was just asking because lot’s of poeple in the dsm community or even the honda 's have had the flywheel lighten at a machine shop to shave some extra weight , I figure it would cost me less that purchasing a new one .

Ebay here I come .

I had the OEM flywheel in my prelude lightened from 19-11.5lbs… it was done by Leitner & Bush over 40,000kms ago… no probs at all, and less than half the price of aftermarket.

Emilio