Lt1 quarter mile

My 60ft’s r basically 2.04-2.06

I changed the oil in april.Im letting the tranny shift itself.it goes up to like 4500 in third.i try 2 get a lil under a full tank of gas to put weight on the back tires for traction and so far traction hasnt been a issue.

traction is a function of tire and suspension…gettin more weight on the back end should come from weight transfer from the front… adding excess weight will just make you slower and wont necessarily help traction

get close to an empty tank

you don’t want excess weight… getting the 60’ time down just takes practice and playing with different methods…

when my 60’s approached 2.0’s i was consistant 14.0-14.1’s

definately need to cut those down to low low 1.9’s or better

I dont want the tank 2 low…cause the track is like 20 miles away and the fuel pump is stil original…i dont care 2 burn that up cause thats a bitch 2 replace.

do not put it in od.

1/4 tank of gas. but i race on 3/4 tank cause they weight in the rear isnt really hurting me. atlezst i am thinking that. get some decent tires like bfg dr et dr. you can pick up a set of sallad shooters cheap.

What’s that do different than drive (assuming that it doesn’t shift to 4th)?

i think it shifts earlier…:dunno: pewter always told me to leave my car in drive and not OD

i still have a full set of salad shooters in the garage.Next thing 2 do when i get the money is 3.73’s then i guess drag radials right after that cause traction is gonna start 2 b a issue.that deffinetly should put me comfortably in the 13’s even on a hot day.

:boink

If you do what everyone mentioned before, you will easily in the 13’s without the 3.73’s or wheels/tires.

does it really shift earlier in OD than in DRIVE? mine’s not electronic controlled but i have noticed nothing different in drive vs OD

but keep the car low… there is a sheetz gas station like 3 min from PRP. go there and fill up afterwards. u should have plenty of gas to get there. just judge how much your gonna use, and drive out there till you have about a 1/8 tank left. then race like hell and then fill up.

I always show up with about 1/4 of a tank and a spare 5 gallon tank of gas, as well as my electric impact to swap from street tires to slicks, and I usually air up my tires as high as they can go. I also strip my car of all the easy things that come out… seats…spare/jack/random crap

ewww sheetz gas yuk

i went with a 1/3 tank of gas.kept it in drive and still went a 14.05 but on my second run my car started 2 miss fire now my optispark went to shit.the car was trailored home.still runs but the car shakes violently because of the missfire…i dont have any money left and i have enough room on my credit card just for a regular optispark…the msd was 512…i wonder if the new optispark might b enough.im also gonna go with lower resistant plug wires.does anyone think that might help bring the time down??

turns out it wasnt a opti-spark.it was the coil that goes 2 the opti-spark.The conector was corroded and so was the plug wire going to the coil. So my parts bill went from 390 for the opti-spark to 20 bucks for a ignition coil.deffinetly something i wanted to hear.i also bought 8mm plug wires to cause i assume since the 1 plug wire was corroded the others will b to.maybe now i might have a chance 2 run 13’s on a good day.

hopefully that will help the car run. you should definately have 13’s

sweet…g/l

Hope everything works out for you. Like I told you, with just a cai and flowmaster muffler I ran 13.8 @ 103. That was with stock 2.73’s too. You should see 13’s with no problem.