Lt1 quarter mile

iv heard before that guys with automatic Lt1’s that just have a intake and catback r running 13.8-13.9’s…but at PRP i cant do better then a 14.02…my tranny does have 110k on it…but it doesnt seem 2 slip…i dont no wat 2 do…i just got a K&N filter 4 my ram air box but i dont think i can see that b the factor 2 getting me into the 13’s.im break torquing it at maybe 2k or a lil more and it seems 2 bite off the line.but it just sucks cause it seems like i gotta spend more money 2 push me in the extra 3 hundreths.once the money starts building again im deffinetly gonna look at getting 3.73’s.but in general wat should the stock LT1’s run??

flush the fluid? what tires are you running?

ya did all the fluid flushes…im running 275/45/17

.03 can be boiled down to luck. Anything at all including air temp could put you over the edge.

ya i guess ur right…i guess i need a cool fall day 2 break into the 13’s on my basically stock set up now.

Dumb question, but I have been told that PRP is a slight up hill from start to finish. Is this true?

And if it is, would that be the difference between 14.02 and 13.99?

Not sure if it is. But I wouldn’t be shocked it it made that much of a difference.

slowmaro95’s car has 160K miles and did 13.8’s on street tires with exhaust and other mild mods…i forget. headers he went 13.5-13.6’s on crappy tires.

hell my 89 Irocz went 13.8’s on street tires with full exhaust and stall. Your LT1 just needs abit more driver mod

What are your 60 ft times?
I had a hell of a time getting my 94 TA into the 13’s with just a cold air and a cat-back, but a finally got a 13.96. It was all about getting the 60ft times down.

yeah air temp could get ya in the 13’s… i ran 13.9 stock at Maple Grove when i fiirst got my car

I think I was around 14.1 or 14.2 stock.

i’de think that the k&n will put you in the 13’s. make sure you got a good opti spark too. put in a lt4 knock module. your running premium right. i remember your mph was kinda low, like 96 or so. ive seen some of these cars just not run as good as others even with same mods.

One of my friends has a 93 Z28. LT1, 6 speed.
He did an exhaust cutout, hurst shifter, strange 4.10 rear, and slicks.
He might have taken out the seats and front sway bar.

Runs in the 12.60’s with no internal engine mods!

lt4 knock module is a waste of time at the moment for him.

Air up your fronts to ~40 psi… play with your rear air pressure… some say automatically drop it… don’t. Most street tires like ~30 psi… so start off high and work your way down.

Weight reduction is easy… there are just 6 nuts holding on your passenger and rear seats… there’s an easy ~60 lbs. there… then your spare tire/jack… get creative.

take off your front sway bar.

wander around www.shbox.com if I remember correctly there is a free performance shift mod that can be done for you automatic guys.

bypass the coolant going through your throttle body.

check fluids… maybe run a quart low of oil when you go to the track.

if your opti isn’t doing anything wierd… don’t touch it… you touch it, you jinx it.

change your plugs atleast… maybe your plug wires… doing wires is difficult… especially since you have to touch the opti, herego jinxing it.

I don’t know what your 60’ time is, but work on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

all of that will def. get you into the 13’s… i say maybe a 13.8

edit: I saw you are running zr1’s… if you still have the stock rims, run those on the front and air them up… them 17x9.5’s are heavy

when adam still had his lt1 a4 he did a 13.4 at 104 2.00 60’ with street tires. my lt1 had 170,000 k on it. hypercrap, stat, 373 gears and midlength headers

:rofl:

Does that mean this wasn’t true?

well for me it was a toss up… my car…

Make sure you change the oil before you go to the track, and how full was your tank? Having less gas in it could be the difference in weight. Are you manually shifting or are you just romping on it?

definately keep an 1/8 tank or so. gas is 6 lbs a gallon i hear

i ran my car near empty, pulled a 1.88 60 and ran 13.89 with 2.77 gears. LT1 should have no problem gettin high 13’s if you can get a bottom 1.9 or better yet, a high 1.8x 60 foot time.