Lunch at Olive Garden

It sure was interesting today. I saw a really nice thing happen. The table next to us was 5 guys eating lunch, seemed like business men on there dress down day. Well a soldier his wife and a kid walk in and sit down. I see one of the business men wave over the soldiers waitress. He says I want that couples bill, just let me know how much after they order. So a few minutes later she comes by and hand him the bill. The guy pays it, and leave the tip and does not say a thing to the soldier. The biz man leaves and thats that. well about 20 minutes later when they are done eating, the waitress tells them the bill is covered. the look of astonishment and gratitude was classic. I did not even do it and it felt good! Definitely a nice gesture to a stranger because he is serving our country.

and the second part of the lunch story is… I ate 4 bowls of pasta!

that’s cool… and congrats on the pasta.

pretty cool… Dont really see that everyday.

thats great!

Don’t see John eat four bowls of pasta, or the pay for the bill thing. Either way, that was very nice of the man to pay the bill.

That a very cool gesture…

Awesome

I’m going to start dressing in miliary uniforms when I go out to eat from now on!

j/k

Not many people have that attitude these days. Nice to hear.

Johnny Carson did that as a teenager. True story.

He was 17, recently moved to L.A., and was too broke to get anywhere… so he bought a Navy uniform and took advantage of people’s generosity.

Back to the topic at hand, that was pretty cool of that guy.

:cool:

:cool: story, but endless soup and salad is enough for me, hold the pasta

ADDITION TO THE STORY:

I also believe the NEVER-ENDING PASTA is now!!! $7 (something) all you can eat…I’m there

mmmmmmm!!!

on annual tour last year, me and my buddy went up to steak and shake in Robinson at lunch time, and some lady paid for our meal, which was pretty cool! Especially since no one has done that for me the 6 years I’ve been in…

i see it alot more around here because of the severe lack of a big base. my two best friends are in the air force. and if they wear their uniforms around here people all around thank them and just nodd to them. down in charleston SC and in pennsicola fl where there are two big bases. they see it all the time and they are ignored.

if i had the extra money i would definately do that for the people that serve our country. many thanks. i by my friends stuff when im down there all the time and they know i appriciate them over in iraq and afgany.