LVD - Sept. 24th Final Wednesday Night Test & Tune For 2008

Does the solid motor mount cure it? What else do you have done in terms of suspension? I heard you need tranny bushings as well to cure it 100%, and those make the car vibrate like a mofo.

ive got billet/urethane mounts in my car… it rattles around, but no wheel-hop, it just spins clean. VW’s are known to wheelhop. you just need to deal with the vibration

+1 I too have billet/urethane mounts in my car and I love the smooth spin w/ no wheel hop…except for some reason at the track I get wheel hop on occasions with street tires :confused

heh heh the fit broke its previous record of 17.37 and ran a 17.25 But I couldnt get traction to save my life. I cut a better 60’ on my 175 65 R14 tires last time than I could with my 195 55 R15 S.drives tonight.

This quote must be saved!!!

:rofl YESS!!!

yup I knew that would get noticed the second I hit the post button, but it was the truth. just because my car is slow as shit and powered by gerbils doesnt mean its impossible to have traction issues, plus racing is something I do about twice a year.

Saw some pretty nice cars there tonight… that blue MKIV Supra was pretty sweet!

Yeah I was wondering if the spot of missing paint on his hood was done on purpose or if it was from heat. Never got a close look at it though.

Knew I should’ve came up after class…got out early today(7pm) :headbang

he paid 60-65k for it. its an RSP with a titan 3.4 stroker, 11xxWHP on BOOST, 88mm T6(probably a GT47-88), tilton triple plate. i was talking to Shawn Cassidy about it(blue mk3). sick car. and worth it if youve got the money and want that kind of car… it would take over 100k to dupilcate the car from a stock royal sapphire pearl to where its at now

did it have Lambo’s?

Not sure… but it definitely had a big turbo and was blowing his tires off all the way down the track when he laid into it.

no, its not the widebody one. its a Royal Sapphire Pearl, its from Springfield, Mass, the guy trailored it in, just got it from what i was told… on his 2nd pass he went 10.8@138 on a 315 BFG DR… its 1150+ whp all boost… on slicks and C16 its an 8 second car.

Somebody in the lanes mentioned it also had nitrous?

im sure, but from what im told by the owners friend, it made 1150ish all boost… and most supras that use spray, only use it for spool… 1150 all boost isnt unheard of from a 47-88 on a titan stroker motor.

nuts

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504703

titan stroker, GT47-80, just for reference

Not a member
:umm

:umm