Mac electric impact gun review?

Been needing one FOREVER. Anyway, the local Mac guy came back from the tool show with a BNIB Mac 1/2" drive 19.2V impact gun, 1/2"drive drill, and flashlight for $320. Normally priced at $620. He’s bringing them to work next week, and unless I find a lot of bad reviews or something, I’m going to snag the kit up.

Anyone have good/bad luck with the Mac cordless line?

I’ve never used a Mac gun. Maybe try garagejournal.com There are some extreme tool needs there that I’m sure can give you some insight.

I’ve never had an issue with any of MAC’s line of electric tools. I don’t have a MAC impact but I do have a Snapon cordless in both 3/8 and 1/2 drive sizes and if the MAC is even half the quality of these Snapons it’s STILL a good buy at $320.

I’d say jump on it ASAP.

this… mac makes a great product im a snap-on guy but ull never buy a new snap on 1/2 impact for 320 def get it… what are the specs

Thanks guys. I’ve never had a problem with any of my Mac/Snap On stuff, but you do hear of the problem item from time to time. Just wanted to make sure this was not one of them.

If Dave will sell you one that cheap go for it. (I’m assuming your buying it up here not down in TI) I know the snapon guy is getting 600 for the same thing, but he had some deal going with a free carry bag and sockets. Don’t know if he had any left and personally I don’t think the $$ difference would justify it.

Yep.

I tried asking you about it the other night but the motor mouth that I work with kept interrupting.

I’ve never used a MAC one personally, I have used the snapon euivalent and they have a lot of nut. You using it primarily to swap wheels at the track? I believe Erik(10 second C) has a MAC one that he uses for swapping the rear tires on his car when he goes to airborne during the week.