Mac OS X Leopard

I’m looking to buy or just borrow a Mac OS X Leopard upgrade disc. Black disc with a Purple X on it, not the grey disc that comes with some macs. Has to be Leopard

Even a promotional copy will work :snky:

I may be able to upload a dmg image…I think i have a disk at work for it. Why Leopard?!?

I have an old ibook running Tiger. It’s not able to update itunes as a result of the OS being out of date. Without updating itunes to at least 10.5, I can’t sync my iPhone to it. Apple no longer sells Leopard.

ill sell you an ibook g4 with Leo alrdy on it :slight_smile: has 1.5gb ram 60gb HD and a brand new battery and power cord for $150… and ill even throw on the Leo disk

just torrent it
why leopard and not lion though?

leopard is as high as I can go for that laptop. snow leopard was released right after leopard and that can only be used for macs with intel. Anything beyond that is a no go too.

Leopard 10.5 is the only thing that would be compatible.

Note…
10.5 would be on a dual layer DVD. If you’re iBook doesn’t have a DL capable drive you will need to install via target mode using another DL capable mac and firewire.

you can torrent a version for the ibook that put Leo on a dvd. it reduced the size without all the languages and printer shit

I don’t use torrents for OS personally but I’m sure there is a trimmed version out there. The language packs and printer drivers are bloat for sure. Why on earth would you install a gig of printer drivers when you have 1 or 2 printers and can download the drivers you need. Anyhow…to clarify so nobody can nitpick…the RETAIL version requires dual layer. :wink:

Just so you know, iTunes won’t update to 10.5 on anything under a 10.5 Mac.

See the system requirements:

Correct, which is why I’m trying to update to iTunes 10.5 by upgrading to 10.5 (Leopard)

I talked to the genius bar and called apple support and they verified it will work as well.

it works great. if i can find the torrent a decent broken down torrent ill DL it and you can use your own cdkey

CD key for what? Mac OS doesn’t have a key/serial. I don’t think Mac has used keys/serials for their OS since OS 8.6. Did I miss something up in herre?

o boy no idea whi i posted about a cdkey. long day yeasterday

Let me know if you find a good torrent