WTBorrow: Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger system disc

I’ve been running 10.3.9 for a while and really need to upgrade to a newer system. If anybody has the system disc and wouldn’t mine me borrowing it that would be awesome.

I’d LOVE a copy of this too. I could use it for my AppleTV mods…

I’d pay shipping/materials cost.

or if someone wants to sell it cheap i could do that too

http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3344152

i also need a copy

Thanks to aberfitch82 for burning me the discs. But, the .dmg’s were burned as data inside the disc instead of burned onto the disc. So, I just saved the info onto my mac and reburned them using disc utility and it went perfectly. I now am running osx 10.4.11 and it’s great. :slight_smile: If anyone needs help with this or would like me to burn them a copy let me know.

the disc that comes with the computer won’t work unless you have the same model. You need full retail if you are looking to upgrade.

My suggestion is that you just go with 10.5. I thought my computer would be slower with it, rather than with 10.4, I was wrong. It is faster.

10.5>10.4

not to mention, 10.5 torrents are easy to come by. I have an image at home that will fit on a single layer dvd too.

Well, I am running a dual 533mhz g4 tower. Apple recommends an 867mhz ppc as the bare minimum for 10.5. So, I went with 10.4 to make sure it would run properly. It runs flawlessly and It is a million times better than 10.3 so I’m happy. The 10.4 discs I have will run on any computer; I’ve already installed it on mine, my father’s old tower, and my sister’s imac and ibook.