Need Mac/Iphone help.

Today i bought a new Iphone4. I get home and go to use it on my Macbook which is a little older, and it tells me i need to update software. Software is still running pre leopard and i’ve never bought the new version. Mainly because my disk drive is broken and i only really use the computer to browse the internet and update my phone when needed. So now im in a corner here where i cant buy an online download of the leopard software and i cant buy a disk to use to put the new software onto my computer, nor do i have 1000$ for a new mac. Can anyone help me here, please? thank you.:banghead:banghead

Is it the pre Leopard or is it telling you that you need the latest iTunes download/software horseshit?

EDIT: It looks like you can do it with Windows XP, but newer update is needed: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20008845-233.html

Buy a phone, we’ll see you tomorrow for a new laptop. Excellent marketing strategy lol.

Thats seriously like what it is. Im so fucking pissed off. I have an older PC as well that my mother uses. It just bullshit that i spend 200$ on the phone and cant even buy the digital download anymore to fucking work.

You’re paying for someones Christmas bonus at Apple lolz.

You need leopard minimum for iphone on a mac.

I love Windows

The guy is running windows 2000 and is expecting stuff made for windows 7 to be supported and you’re blaming that on apple? lol. (This is an analogy, to keep anyone from being confused)

No offense dude, but the system requirements for the software are in print. If you didn’t see them you should have asked. Like I said I’m not trying to be a dick, but when you’re running old software you should check to see if it is compatible with whatever you’re buying.

Pirate the software.

While I agree with you, don’t be so much of a dick about it… some people go by the “if it aint broke dont fix it” attitude… If its been working for what he does why bother upgrading everytime a new version comes out?

But yes you should have checked man, get an external DVD drive and buy it…

Jdaniels is hooking me up with a usb flash drive to put it on my mac. The thing still works just the disk drive broke. And the windows pc i use only for my tuning and stuff. Thats running older windows too.

• f’in 1. I put Snow Leopard on a VM at home and have used it for all about 5 minutes. I can’t seem to figure out how to network that POS to my local drives.

Not to mention that Apple has built it’s reputation it, “It just works.”

No I’m with you on that, I don’t usually bother upgrading either until I need to for some reason. I just thought it was funny that some one made a comment saying they loved windows like this was apple’s fault, when it clearly isn’t. Not trying to be a dick, like I said.

An external drive works too. You could probably just borrow one instead of buying one. I’d still personally just download it. There are copies of it everywhere.

Unlike your analogy, I can guarantee that you could get something working in a round-a-bout way on a Windows PC even if wasn’t ‘supported’ or too new. With Windows, where there is a will, there is usually a way. Can’t say the same for Apple.

I cant find the software to download online anywhere. Looked for a while last night.

What about a USB cd/dvd drive?

Doing anything with an Apple OS even in a VM without the suported hardware is just a pain in the ass.

I actually plan to build a hacintosh soon

I just need it on one of the little usb drives or whatever they are so that i can plug it into my computer and download it onto it. If thats possible.

Yes, but I have all the legacy HW kernels, so I should be good to go.

OP, search for whatever version of the OS you need + the word torrent. You’ll find it.

I have torrent at home of Snow Leopard 10 something…burnable to any disc. I just don’t know if it is slightly different from the retail version because I got it to use for my PC/Virtual Machine.

Here is the one I got:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5203531/Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_Intel_AMD_made_by_Hazard

You need to know how to use torrents.

Yeah thats just where my problem comes in. Cant put disks into my POS.

Right, forgot that lol. I recommend an external drive or USB flash drive then (if your Mac can boot from that).

I installed and ran Snow Leopard completely from a USB device… I actually even installed it on a USB device and it ran fine.