Macbook air HD mirroring

So i have a older macbook air. Im going to be buying a SSD for it. Can anyone take the content of the old HD and mirror/clone/migrate it to the new SSD?

What’s this sorcery you speak of?

Need the content of the old drive all on the new one. I don’t want to mess with time machine or anything, just want it all on the new drive.

I know, I was just busting balls. Do you have another computer? I could loan you a hard drive bridge.

Not one I can throw the 2nd HD in. Looking to have it done for me will pay with $$, beer or food.

I have a 2 bay. :tup:

So are you saying your going to give it a shot :slight_smile:

Nope, I’m saying I can loan you the bridge. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve done far too many data migrations in my life, they are tedious yet boring. How much data are we talking about?

Not much at all. Its a 120gb hd. has the Osx and only a few files. Been fixing, updating and upgrading the Wife’s air. Next is a battery and SSD and its finished. Finally upgraded it from Leopard to Maverick today.

Does the laptop have firewire? If you have my cell still let’s move this to txt.

pmed

I am going to assume you know that the only SSD makers for MBA’s where Other World Computing, with that said. There two pieces of software that can help you accomplish this.

Carbon Copy Cloner
SuperDuper!