MacBookPro Officially Runs XP

HOLEE SHIT.

It’s official and I can’t believe it.

Apple is supporting XP on their new Intel machines.

See the OFFICIAL APPLE WEBSITE HERE.

This totally changes everything for me. My dilemna is whether I am willing to wait for a 13.1 widescreen, or just get the 15 widescreen.

HOLEE SHIT.

BTW - Apple stock is thru the motherfucking roof.

eep. I was going to buy an Apple anyway. This just makes it that much easier.

and vis versa the new mac os will be able to run on pc’s. M$ now owns mac.

lol nice :tup: finally makes having a mac worth while

you beat me to it… crazy shit

Apple Unveils Software To Run Windows on Macs
A Wall Street Journal Online NEWS ROUNDUP
Word Count: 475 | Companies Featured in This Article: Apple Computer, Microsoft, Intel
Apple Computer Inc. unveiled software that enables its newer Macintosh computers to run Microsoft Corp.'s Windows operating system for the first time, as the company tries to broaden its appeal among PC users.
The free software, dubbed “Boot Camp,” lets users of Mac computers powered by Intel Corp. processors to install and run Windows XP, the latest version of Microsoft’s best-selling operating system. Apple said a test version is available for download starting today, …

the world hasnt imploded yet…

I’m sure that is coming.

Honestly, if I had a choice, i would take PC. Much easier to work on and expand. Apple might have superior hardware, but its outdated in 6 months and upgrades are $$$$.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20060406/tc_pcworld/125325

Short version: Apple is offering an open beta for Boot Camp. A boot utility that will allow any Intel based Mac to dual boot Windows or OS X. The boot utility will be standard in the next release of OS X (Leopard I believe is the name of it).

EDIT: merged thread because I’m blind :bloated:

Hhahaha, sweet… Assimilation is almost complete… :headbang:

I wish I could see the looks on all the hardcore mac people’s faces now.

LOL

Especially those that bought the motorola based Macs a month before going to the x86 platform. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

We installed it on our MacBook Pro at UBMicro. Works great actually. Some minor bugs like the camera not working and a couple of Apple shortcut keys, but runs as quick as a PC laptop would.

:tup:

Now… I’m not so happy I bought the G4 laptop…
Who needs windows anyways?

LOL - its ironic that the best XP laptop is the MacBookPro.