A Little Piece Of Macintosh Died Today..

Hahahah… :rofl:

Explain for someone who know next to nothing about computers. Whats soo special about what you posted :gotme:

Microsoft Windows on a Mac… Savy?

looks like there was a contest with a prize of 13 large for whoever coded XP to run on macs.

It’s a new x86 mac, and it’s able to dual boot into boot MacOS X, and Win XP. On top of that apparently there was a prize for the first person/group that could do it.

Mainly it’s just the idea of a Macintosh running Windows that is a big deal.

Was only a matter of time after the Intel based Macs came out.

:tup: to the guys for getting it done and getting the money.

would be cool to see some 1 make a G5 boot windows, back to reality nice job that guy did. that’s really bad news for mac, even worse then linux for windows . steve jobs must be crying so hard right now :whip:

i really think mac is going to loose alot of clients in the future b/c of that intel move.

I think it’s cool… I like it… SOme mac ppl dont… but now you can say that mac’s will run ANything… OSX, Linux, Unix, and Windows… Probablyk not BeOs but that sucked anyways.
The stability of a mac with good hardware instead of the shit that dell puts in their comptuers… and if you need it… windows…

Of course I have no proof, but Steve Jobs probably started the gears in motion to get this going. Step one was to get x86 under the hood and then eventually get Windows on there as well. :gotme:

"Great - running XP on a Mac! (it used to be called Virtual PC)

Now tell me - does it make XP run any better? Does XP have less bugs running on a Mac? Will the User experience be enhanced by running an inferior OS on a better engineered machine?

The real challenge: Run OS X on a Wintel box

Now load OSX on a Wintel box and make it run and give the general public another option and see what difference it makes.

Create a valid and stable platform for individuals to evaluate separate operating systems on the same hardware with the same performance and measure the results.

Now that would be groundbreaking…
"

wouldnt that be linux?

people are retarded

Microsoft Dominance

Thank goodness. If I’m not going to be getting anything done on the computer, it might as well look good.

lol the mac guys just lost another inch :stuck_out_tongue:

uhhmmp, not sure bout that, but why would he want that, even tho i know at first he was like O MAC THIS MAC THAT , mac is a unit meaning pc and os working as 1 organism, now his like ok intel and mac coool cool, mac is really about the os, blah blah blah,

so i guess next his going to be like mac pc and windows os, what could be better blah blah blah, all the marketing jumbo crap.

If they didn’t want this to happen they would not have used an x86 platform, and would have used something else close to but different enough to prevent normal x86 software from working. I get the feeling this more planned but also a risky move to maybe try and expand the Mac market.

Maybe even a way of future software compatabilty with PC software under MacOS.

they used the x86 based chip because intel was willing to work wiith them in ways that amd and ibm wasn’t willing to do. It wasn’t because they wanted windows on their hardware. .
I thought about waiting till the intel mac’s came down in price before I bought my laptop and thought… nah why’d I want to use windows on my comptuer, it’s unstable, full of spyware, and full of security holes.

And BTW it’s not called Virtual PC… Virtual PC sucks and is slow because there are two different architecturers. Booting windows on an X86 mac is totally different than runnig VPC.

You don’t have it totally correct. Apple went to Intel over AMD because Intel could provide the CPU’s that AMD couldn’t. Intel has been able to meet the demands of OEM’s and so forth so that is why Apple went with Intel. It is also the same reason that you don’t see an AMD inside Dell computer at the moment too.

it’s been done, you can run OSX on a windows box

agree

the main reason why apple when to intel to begin with was b/c of G5 heat problems i think those are worse then amd’s first socket A cpu the thunderbird and herd something about them not being able to supply so many chips as well.
No one can do better marketing and as many cpu or increase useless mhz as INTEL.

Your assumptions are incorrect. You need to do a bit more reading.

AMD does can advertise like Intel, they just choose not to. AMD is in deep shit as it is with the release of Conroe but that is a different subject.