Machine work to my crankshaft....

I finally got my crankshaft back from the place that knife-edged it.
Here are the results.The 2nd pic is what it started at before it was sent

very cool - always wondered what that looked like in the end when it’s done :tup:

^^ me too.

How does that work though? It looks like they just shave the counterweights down and that’s it. Doesn’t that throw make things off balance? Or does it not matter.

sorry, i’ve never done any bottom-end work before…

its designed to reduce both weight, and drag, as the crank hits the oil it will slam into it, kinfe edgeing allows the crank to cut through the oil,minimizing loss.

Nice to see you got it done brent :tup:

how much that run ya, and whered ya get it done?

[quote=“93z24,post:3,topic:25579"”]

^^ me too.

How does that work though? It looks like they just shave the counterweights down and that’s it. Doesn’t that throw make things off balance? Or does it not matter.

sorry, i’ve never done any bottom-end work before…

[/quote]

It gets rebalanced in the end

[quote=“ImportMuscle,post:4,topic:25579"”]

its designed to reduce both weight, and drag, as the crank hits the oil it will slam into it, kinfe edgeing allows the crank to cut through the oil,minimizing loss.

Nice to see you got it done brent :tup:

how much that run ya, and whered ya get it done?

[/quote]

castillos crankshaft service in cali.They were featured in turbo magazine not to long ago.After shipping both ways it cost 560.

What was the starting weight?

did they do anything to the tapers on the rod journals? or just shaved the counterweights

?

dont put it on that rough carpet!!! keep it in plastic after that polish!

looks good though

Looks nice, should rev up real quick now too.
But why do the bearing journals all look like they have all lost their polish?

how much HP are you trying to make? Personally I think its a waste of cash unless your going all out race motor were every hp counts. :tup: if that’s what you want.

[quote=“num482,post:10,topic:25579"”]

how much HP are you trying to make? Personally I think its a waste of cash unless your going all out race motor were every hp counts. :tup: if that’s what you want.

[/quote]

If you only knew how much money iv wasted recently,This would be a great investment compared to it.

Thanks for the comments guys.
I plan on having one of the quickest conquests ever built.Which still aint saying much.Alot of these cars are owned by older guys who dont mod them much.

[quote=“87conquestTSi,post:11,topic:25579"”]

I plan on having one of the quickest conquests ever built.Alot of these cars are owned by older guys who dont mod them much.

[/quote]

Thats like going to Fat camp when your a competition body builder. of course yur gonna be better than everyone else…haha j/k but yeah nice crank and hopefully everythign pieces back together well

[quote=“ImportMuscle,post:7,topic:25579"”]

did they do anything to the tapers on the rod journals? or just shaved the counterweights?

[/quote]

dawt