MAF Issues

Okay so heres the issue.

The car was in storage for about 2 months. Car worked perfectly before storage with a pathfinder maf (similar to the Z32 maf).

I pull it out of storage to datalog and tune it and now the car is having charactersitic maf issues (won’t rev, rich as sin ect…)

I’ve checked all of the maf wiring, power and ground is good. Signal is not good. I immediately tried a new maf (ka24de maf). Car still has the same issues.

I’ve tried a new ECU and the car had the same issues, so I’m fairly certain its not the ECU.

On the new ka24de maf the signal is good, correct voltage and all, but the car still has the same problems.

Car is a S14 with s14 sr20det motor. I think this boils down to what maf will work on a s14 sr20det.

So basically WTF??

Hope you tried cleaning both of the MAFs. It seems obvious but i guess you never know.

I don’t think you can use the DOHC KA MAF. People only use the SOHC KA MAF.

Or is the Pathfinder MAF similar to the DOHC MAF?

I’ve got a good S13 MAF if you need it.

Could it be a boost leak?

Pressurized the IC piping, no boost leak.

Both maf’s cleaned.

I’ve been looking around on Nicoclub, looks like the dohc maf wont work, yet it will give me a signal voltage. I have no idea how that works.

Looks like my issue was simply the pathfinder maf went south during storage somehow and the DOHC one won’t work.

I’m gonna try an rb20 one today, with an safc. Hopefully that works.

By the end of this I should be able to tell you all what maf’s work with sr’s…
:rolleyes:

Okay all wired up. Maf is in, so is safcII. Check engine light is on, and still have the same problem.

I am uber confused.

try an SOCH ka MAF. Im still a noob to electrical, could a faulty wire to be to blame? :?

ya sounds like you maby have a brake in your harness somewheres. Also could just be plugs is what I was thinking but not sure about the engine light. Also try to unplug your ECU temp sensor. If that sensor went south while in storge that could be your problem too. you can cheak the resistance when its cold and post it here and I can let you know if its good for cold starts.

how would I pull codes off of an s14 sr20det? It’s different than the redtops…

nope. turn screw on ECU counter clockwise all the way and turn ign on. Long beeps are 10 and short ones are 1. Cant remember if it was counter clockwise or clockwise but you will figure it out.

Okay so tried to pull codes from this ecu.

Remember this is a WC coded ecu, so its not the same as the redtop ecu’s.

Looked in the fsm, and it says to jumper the ignition and check lines on the ddl consult port, remove the wire after two seconds and I should have my code. Well doing that doesn’t work.

Turning the screw doesn’t either.

So i’m totally lost and fucked on this one.

It seems to want to stay in diagnostic mode one, but this is supposed to be a bulb check mode? What is going on?

Fixed it, ECU was the issue.