MAF SR Problem

Thanks to sashas jdm magic my SR finally runs, and well.

but theres a problem,

At first the car wouldnt rev past 2500 and it idled at 1700 rpm.

We checked the wiring, and it was fine so we assumed it was a broken maf or plug,

That night i went and picked up another maf, and im sure this one is a good maf.

Wired it up with the new plug, checked wiring, started it up same problem, hits 2500 and wont go further,

i checked all the wiring extensions to the maf, there all right.

So, now im confused

we think i should try running the car n/a to see if its a turbulance in the intake issue.

Any suggestions.

ECU is limiting your revs, therefore there is a problem.

Most likley electrical, do as Ed said and check codes…

Just cause you got a new MAFS doesn’t mean the connections are good.

ECU flashed 14 (Mass Air Flow Sensor)

so yes its in safe mode because of the MAFS but WHY THE FUCK ISN"T IT TAKING THE NEW MAFS?

i checked all thel wiring right up to the plug, the ground has 0 resistance to the head (so im assuming the ECU as well - i could check that) the black/white has 12v coming in, and the white signal has 0 resistance from the pin on the ecu to the pin on the mafs plug (i.e. the wire is fine)

At first i thought the hotwire in the mafs was no good, but after trying a new mafs and plug it should be fine.

Since the MAFS code can come up due to turbulence or “unreasonable mafs readings” i thought maybe there is some sort of vortex created by scotts ghetto intake piping, so try it N/A or whereever else you can plug it into… very strange issue.

Also hes tried this ECU on another car however only started it did not rev it - possibly the pins on the ecu and plug aren’t making a connection and just didnt notice this when testing it on another car

this post is for scott and anyone else tryign to help us out :stuck_out_tongue:

the ground goes the the ECU, but the ECU grounds to the chassis, which is also grounded to the engine.

It goes like this > Maf ground wire > ECU main ground > on one wend othe ECU main ground is hte ECU, the other end is a chassis ground on the engine.

hey i had the same problem the computer went into limp mode we dicked around for hours thinking it was the wireing but it ended up we forgot u need a Mafs from a sohc KA we were using the dohc that could be ur problem also check up and down ur shilded section running to ur mafs there could be a section thats picking up intereferince hope i could help
Cheers
Chris

PROBLEM SOLVED

ECU BLUE PLUG HAD NO METAL PIN FOR ECU IMPUT, SORRY FOR CAPS IM AT A DATA ENTRY PLACE

LOL.

Ya sasha got my car to run by fixing my wiring problem to start with, he is pimp at wiring.