Mandrel bent exhaust pipe

Hey does any one know of any exhaust places that can make me a mandrel bent 3 inch exhaust pipe for a SR? Or is there any places that sell pre fabricated mandrel bent exhaust pipes for SR’s?

so let me make sure I understand exactly what your after… you want someone with a $80-100K CNC mandrel to bend you up an exhaust… or at very least find a shop intoronto that has spent enough money in bulk purchase to get pipes bent up for an engine that doesn’t even exsist as an OEM setup in north america?? and how much did you want to pay? becuse you might as well go out and get yourself an HKS Ti system it will be MUCH cheaper…

however there are lots of people out there who can fabricate FROM 3" mandrel, an exhaust system. but again. Your going to pay for it… not a few $1000 like you would with custom one off but still up in the him $100’s if you went with mild steel, mig and a chepo exhaust…

I got mine from farmer but I beleve he payed about $800 for 3" that was made form 3" mehandral, small cat/resionator and vibrant exhaust, actually sounds really low. quiet and smooth

I got mine from the same people… and mine doesn’t stop leaking.

go to J&R in Brampton or zorro.

I had an exaust made and installed at a Minute Muffler… they installed a magnaflow cat, 2.5" piping with resinator and muffler and pretty much costed me $600 roughly for the parts and install…

up to you but its not great quality exaust piping tho just to warn you but it would be better to send a few hundred on a stainless steel setup from any big manufacturer like hks/apexi/ings/jic etc

after having all that custom done about a year ago mayb more i wish id waited alittle longer for one of those instead honestly. Dont get me wrong me and others like the sound of the exaust but, i just like the stainless steel piping instead of a rust color lol :lol:

wtf. go to an exhaust shop and ask them to make you an exhuast.

john send me a pm and i can send you to my guy. we can do it for you.

and no it wont be a billion dollars.

just because you dont have a JIG to make an exhuast doesnt mean you cant make an exhuast… just takes a bit more time.

let me know

GT

An exhaust shop will use the cheapest matierals and mig weld it… and charge you $75/hr for that service, plus 100$ per mandrel bend IF you actually ask for it to be mandrel bends…

I look forward to seeing what ’ your guy’ can do.

Jigs are used on headers and short pipes, CNC bending is used for exhuasts that are one pc cat backs. As far as I can tell he asked for a mandrel bent exhaust pipe, which implies a one pc single bent unit. Maybe not but that’s the implied request.

good thing your a pro at everything now greg… I’m sure your YEARS of experience will be a great benifit to everyone.

no really.

Gregs right, why do you always need to get so technical and act like your the pro around here. sure its nice to hear some good info and share your knowledge.

but not everyone is like you and must do things the BEST way possible.
who cares about what shops have a mandrel bender, and if theyre $86,000, $103,000. hell my dads shop has one and he isnt even in the automotive industry…if you need any specific bends john let me know

an S13 custom catback is simple. an 8’ x 3" stainless pipe, and a vibrant $45 3" mandrel bend piece. simple. cut and weld.

john if this is what your looking for, you can get it done anywhere…
i build custom exhausts too. PM me if you want pics.

How many twists and turns does the SR exhaust that requires a mandrel
bent piece to begin with?

It’s a straight pipe from downpipe till it hits the rear axle. And then it
has a slight angle going up.

I had Brandon do my exhaust. It’s not bad and it does the job and I got
a kick ass price and service (came to my house and did the worl). :dunno:

if youve ever seen or heard of brullen exhuast then youll know the quality ive come to expect.

the fact that you are on your high horse again just makes you look bad.

im sure ill be able to put together a quality exhuast for john for a good price.

but really ian… thanks for your input.

GT

I almost thought you were talking about me :noes:

exactly, soo IAN, why must people go out and get a 1 piece from japan?
i thought u fabricate? then you would surely realize and be able to say that alot of the time why go out and spend 1000+ on a JDM exhaust when you can build one very easily for a 1/4 of the cost…

if you knew so much, you could have said that the S13 exhaust is retardly simple. almost straight back.

down horsey down :roll:

i know a guy out in new hamburg with a mandrel, he does custom exhuasts for the hotrodders i know for 200-300.

if you want the contact info, pm me and i will try to get it to you asap.

btw…Brullen closed shop…but his shit is FIRST RATE! S13gg has a custom made resonator he made for me on his exhuast…beautifully crafted, life time warenty…there are still some places that have stock of universal stuff…but i dont think you’ll get a full Brulen exhuast anymore…shame…

I fabricated my own exhaust and downpipe using pre-bent mandrel elbows and my TIG welder. The cheapest solution.

I realize not everyone has a TIG welder, but you can cut and fit the peices yourself, then have a shop weld the assembly together with whatever method you choose.

3" 180 degree mandrel bends. 18 gauge mild steel. 4 inch radius I believe. Approximatly $40 a pop. Cut, fit, swedged, and TIG welded.

Total was approximatly $200 for catback and downpipe.

Came out pretty good for a first attempt.

http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/8047/carback2ak.jpg

http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/5225/downpipe8uj.jpg

http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/6743/exhaust11fg.jpg

http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/436/exhaust21oz.jpg

NICE MAN

pretty good job man, looks very low from the rear but your cars lowered so makes sense… when the mechanic was making my piping i kept giving him instructions as to where to bend because he was just going to copy the stock piping and he was getting frustrated at me LOL!!!.. you also have the carbon on the bumper… i avoided that one by letting the muffler hang out alittle more… looks wierd on a stock bumper cause of how much it sticks compared to others but i dont have that issue… i kept arguing with the mechanic saying noooo… push it back it… looks ugly… blah blah… with a new rear it will fit right in fine…

but great job on your exaust… i need a welder :lol:

I know it doesn’t require too much bending but what bending is required I want it to be mandrel bent I don’t want folds in the metal. A one piece single madrel bent unit would be great.

Talk to Sav or Mike at Noyzboys custom exhaust. They did all my stainless exhaust work and are great guys to deal with.

http://www.noyzboyz.com/

Yeah dude, two things, forst off Brullen is out of business since before last summer, next i have quite a few of the Brullen jigs here because I know the guys that were there… and brullen is good, but they still cut corners on stuff. Like steel flanges on Stainless tube. Yeah it’s so bad to PROMOTE the use of high quality work and materials… it makes me look horrible dosen’t it. Gotta hate that.