Looking for mandrel bent custom exhaust

I’m looking for a shop preferably in the south hills area who can custom mandrel bend me a cat back. Does anyone know of such a place?:confused:

Red Line, but it is in the North Hills

Have you worked with Red Line in the past? If so, how much additional expense do you tend to incur with mandrel bent pipe?

A. Redline is a very good shop that I have used a lot in the past, very reputable.

B. They don’t have a “mandrel bender”, they use a pusher bender or simply and exhaust bender that pushes the pipe into the jig instead of the jig pushing the pipe on the outside…for exhaust, just get it bent up, your not going to notice a difference.

Originally posted by Zook
Have you worked with Red Line in the past? If so, how much additional expense do you tend to incur with mandrel bent pipe?

look at it this way:

we do not on " pittspeed " refer to Ripoff Places or direct you in the wrong way.

yeah what he said:bigthumb:

Nuff said

As long as it’s not an ugly crush style bend, I’ll be satisfied. I understand the mandrel bend(using an insert), but I don’t quite understand the difference between the two process described above. And as far as noticing a difference, perhaps you’re right. But why settle for substandard work. I have a little 4 banger with a little pipe. Extra resistance is more problematic in this situation than it would be with big duals on a V8. If I do it the way I want it I refuse to compromise quality for the extra money it takes to do it right

As long as it’s not an ugly crush style bend, I’ll be satisfied. I understand the mandrel bend(using an insert), but I don’t quite understand the difference between the two process described above. And as far as noticing a difference, perhaps you’re right. But why settle for substandard work. I have a little 4 banger with a little pipe. Extra resistance is more problematic in this situation than it would be with big duals on a V8. If I do it the way I want it I refuse to compromise quality for the extra money it takes to do it right

yeah i hear yah on the qaulity.
But get one thing straight :wink: Only the Mustang Owners have True Duals.

Then shop around, they simply suggested it:tounge:

You can put duals on an F-body, but you could lose one over a speed bump. I don’t know 4th gen, I had a 92. But it is difficult. At least the Mustang gets the better sounding exhaust, if it wasn’t for that it’d have nothing going for it over the Camarochicken. And girls dig the jellybean styling.

my girl says Space mobile :tounge:

Originally posted by gearhead
A. Redline is a very good shop that I have used a lot in the past, very reputable.

x2

Jay uses them all the time…i had an exhaust put on my wifes car there…very nice work.

Where have I seen that Contour before? And the avatar?Another forum, perhaps? Don’t you have another, perhaps smaller car as well?

Where have I seen that Contour before? And the avatar?Another forum, perhaps? Don’t you have another, perhaps smaller car as well?

your talking about my wifes car. snd yeah…i’m on SAF.

What did they put on her car(setup)

2.25" cat back with no res, straight through N1 stlye muffler

Where are the sound levels? And do you get a resonant hum around 3K, or does it stay outside for the most part?

I have a little 4 banger with a little pipe. Extra resistance is more problematic in this situation than it would be with big duals on a V8. If I do it the way I want it I refuse to compromise quality for the extra money it takes to do it right

actually, i would think that it would be the other way around. As long as were talking actualy losses/gains, and not percentages.

Either way, unless you are gonna do more than the simple IHE, you wont really notice a power difference betwen mandrel and Redlines method… you probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference between stock and aftermarket, i couldnt when i put a 2.25 thermal catback and a test pipe on my h23 lude…

It’s not my intention to use conventional mufflers. The setup I’m planning is fairly different, the routing is different, and my car will lose 40lbs in addition to what power gains I may or may not get. That’s going to be a bigger difference that 3-4hp will give me, but I’m removing 2 muffler bodies and 3ft of piping and the new body only weighs 4 lbs, although the pipework should be equal in weight, the two stock bodies are extremely heavy. Cat #2 and the big muffler go away, and since I’m not using a (heavy)fart can in place of the stock exhaust I can reduce weight significantly.

Too bad i don’t have any titanium exhaust pieces left :dunno: