Looking for mandrel bent custom exhaust

If I wanted titanium I’d use motorcycle mufflers-They flow enough for my application, but at $800 a pop for titanium, well, it’s too much buck for the ounces of weight I’d save

can I ask exactly what you are building here??

Just a quality low budget exhaust. The weight savings are more significant than the (if any) power gains inasmuch as the overall power/weight ratio is concerned, as most cat backs offer no more than 2-3hp in a typical 4 cylinder exhaust. Non-conventional sound suppression techniques will be employed resulting in an estimated total weight of 12 lbs from the cat back using 2.5in tubing. The elimination of restriction in combination with reduction in weight will provide more effective results than the typically oversized tubing and fart can termination. No exotic materials will be utilized in the construction, but it will probably have a very different tone, probably very tinny compared to the fart can. I really don’t care what it sounds like. The application is laughable, so I won’t get into the vehicle specifics. It’s just a pet project.

:confused:

what car dude?

May as well be a pinto for all the street cred it has. Ok, a mustang II is probably a more accurate analogy. Showtime knows what I be talking bout.

well…your UN is “Zook” so u have a samurai or something? thats what i thought from the beginning…i’m ALL about the samurai! :smiley:

…don’t be embarassed man, you can tell us…:grouphug:

Oh its a PACER:D

At this point I’m wishin it were a samurai. I’m supposed to have a car shipped from my dad (registered it in sept) for the winter, but he decided he wanted to rebuild the trans then got distracted soon after he tore it down. So I got a SAAB Turdo in CT up on stands with 4 new studded snows laying next to it. I got chains here(just in case) but the AERIO lacks sufficient clearance to mount them. I’m looking for a good Samurai for my fleet-a rotbucket for about 500 is my goal. The Aerio gets no respect, it’s not particularly fast(unless you match it up with another 4-banger of similar price) but I have nothing bad to say about it. Would’ve got AWD but wanted 5spd. Stupid SUVs clog up the road going 15mph and without a running start I got a hard time getting up crane on the all-seasons. Don’t want to go out and buy snows SINCE I ALREADY HAVE THEM FOR THE DAMN SLAAB

Jay…he’s got the same thing the wifey’s got.

I told Pete (the guy we did the drop for) about this site and he is on here “rookee” and then zook followed pete over from the aerio site…he’s not even anywhere near Pgh…i guess he just like to read all of us bullshitting:dunno:

Originally posted by Darkstar

Either way, unless you are gonna do more than the simple IHE, you wont really notice a power difference betwen mandrel and Redlines method…

possibly true…but if it cost about the same, why not get it from readline…they do nice work, plus i’m all about supporting a privately owned shop over a midas/minieke, etc…

Originally posted by showtime
possibly true…but if it cost about the same, why not get it from readline…they do nice work, plus i’m all about supporting a privately owned shop over a midas/minieke, etc…

you’re all about da cawk :boink :booty:

I just followed the emoticon trail… Who’s not near Pittsburgh. I’m lost now

Originally posted by Zook
im not!!!

We have a few non city rednecks here…:tounge:

Originally posted by Shaggy
We have a few non city rednecks here…:tounge:
:rant: & a few cityredneckricers!!!:smiley:

Originally posted by Zook

Zook…my bad
I though you were someone else…
there is this other guy from SAF that came here just to get smilies…what a douche…he form CA or something :jerkit:

412-492-1160

The smilies are quite obscene. Gotta have one reason to like Picksberg

Originally posted by showtime

I was suggesting that he get it from redline…

:slap: